Chapter 97: Thoughts On Accepting Disciples

After Kushina lifted the lid, something magical happened; the moment the lid was uncovered, a red light emitted. However, as Kushina and Minato looked closely, there seemed to be no light, just the dish's excessively vibrant red color.

Looking at the strikingly red Mapo Tofu, Kushina swallowed and said, "Mutsuki, you didn't mention it would be this spicy. It looks really spicy!"

She initially thought Mutsuki would just add an extra chili pepper, but observing the color of the Mapo Tofu, Kushina felt like the entire dish was dominated by spiciness.

"This dish is indeed a bit spicy, but it's not just about spiciness. It also has great flavors, fragrance, heat, crispiness, and numbness," explained Mutsuki.

Hearing Mutsuki describe the dish, Minato took a spoonful and tasted it first.

"Spicy!" Minato's first impression of eating the Mapo Tofu was spiciness, indescribable spiciness. He felt that Mutsuki's level of spiciness was particularly intense for him.

The spiciness took Minato, for a moment, to a world filled with flames, where everywhere was erupting in fiery, scorching intensity.

However, this Mapo Tofu wasn't just about spiciness. Various flavors soon exploded in Minato's mouth, immersing him in the delight of the cuisine.

"Delicious!" Minato praised earnestly.

Having said that, Minato quickly scooped several spoonfuls of tofu into his bowl to continue savoring them.

Seeing Minato eagerly devouring the dish, Kushina knew that it must be exceptionally tasty, so she took a bite too.

Indeed, it was numbingly spicy, but also aromatic. Kushina even found meat in it.

"It really is delicious!" Kushina quickly scooped several spoonfuls of tofu herself.

Despite its spiciness, it was just too tasty, and Kushina couldn't control herself.

After the meal, the delicious Illusion Mapo Tofu became the topic of conversation during their post-dinner chat.

When Mutsuki listed the ingredients for the Illusion Mapo Tofu, Kushina raised a question:

"Mutsuki, did you forget an ingredient? Isn't there supposed to be meat?"

Kushina remembered tasting meat in it.

"There's no meat in the ingredients," Mutsuki affirmed.

"But I clearly tasted something that seemed like meat," Kushina said, puzzled.

"I did too," nodded Minato.

"The flavor is like meat, but it's not actually meat; it's processed soybeans," explained Mutsuki, sharing the principles behind it with the two.

"It's amazing; soybeans can produce this flavor!" Kushina found it truly miraculous.

Minato also felt that Mutsuki's culinary skills were unheard of and unseen; soybeans could actually mimic the taste of meat.

As Mutsuki had to go help his disciples with training, he quickly bid farewell to Minato and Kushina, promising to show them the cooking process when they had time.

Arriving at the Southern Boundary Forest, Mutsuki routinely assisted his disciples with training.

Shisui was practicing the Phoenix Sage Flower Nail Crimson Jutsu, Guy was working on strengthening his physique and becoming familiar with Soru, while Obito continued his efforts towards mastering Soru.

As the training time approached its end, Obito asked Mutsuki:

"Yumi-sensei, how can one teach Ninjutsu to others?"