Chapter 29: Mastery Level Ninjutsu

Mutsuki looked at the sudden arrival of three messages and fell into contemplation.

He didn't expect the master-disciple system to have such a function as training missions.

So why didn't it appear when he previously formulated his training plan? Can only disciples trigger it?

Even if only disciples can trigger it, there should have been some tasks triggered before, such as Obito wanting to achieve the first in practical combat.

Mutsuki speculated that these training missions might have several conditions that need to be met to trigger, possibly related to trust levels and other factors.

Since it was the first time triggering, he couldn't determine all the conditions. The only thing currently confirmed is that the disciple triggering the mission must have enough "desire" for the mission's goal.

Looking at Obito's eager and expectant eyes, Mutsuki was very certain of this point.

"Yumi-sensei, please just agree to this one time. After taking first place, I will definitely complete the tasks you assigned with double effort, and in the future, I will follow your training plans without any complains." Obito pleaded.

He still couldn't forget the day of the competition when he lost to Kakashi in front of Rin.

"Alright," Mutsuki nodded helplessly.

"Yumi-sensei, you really are the best sensei in the world!" Obito was very excited when Mutsuki agreed.

"Let's save the compliments until after you've taken first place" Mutsuki joined two fingers and tapped Obito's head.

"Hehe, I'm just speaking the truth," Obito chuckled.

After studying for several years, didn't he know what a good sensei was?

Mutsuki had a good temper, gave interesting and understandable lectures, and was kind to students. What else could make a sensei good?

"So, Yumi-sensei, what Ninjutsu are you planning to teach me?" Obito asked curiously.

"Fire Release·Great Fireball Jutsu," Mutsuki said.

"I already know the Great Fireball; I used it in the last competition and only got twenty points," Obito said, scratching his head in frustration.

During the previous competition, he used the Great Fireball to score twenty points and temporarily took the lead. However, Kakashi then showcased Earth Release, manipulating the entire arena with elevation changes, and directly scored a perfect thirty points.

"If you want to be imposing, among the Fire Release techniques you can currently learn, the Great Fireball is the most imposing," Mutsuki said, then swiftly moved to the riverbank and began forming hand seals.

"Fire Release·Great Fireball Jutsu!"

Mutsuki gathered a large amount of chakra and, in the instant of exhaling, completely transformed it into flames through nature transformation. He continuously spewed out roaring flames.

The massive flames formed a giant fireball, ten meters high. In front of such a colossal fireball, even the 1.8-meter-tall Mutsuki appeared small, not to mention Obito, Shisui, and others. They were all profoundly shocked by the spectacle.

"Even stronger than the last time I saw it. Yumi-sensei, what kind of strength do you possess?" Shisui recalled his first visit to Mutsuki's home.

At that time, he had glimpsed Mutsuki practicing Ninjutsu, also the Great Fireball, which was extremely impressive. However, this time was even more awe-inspiring than the previous one.