Chapter 41: Time for Training

The actions of the Root organization were swift. Mutsuki reported, and the next morning, a silent Root organization ninja arrived in his courtyard.

"This is Danzo-sama's command." The Root organization ninja handed two scrolls to Mutsuki.

Mutsuki nodded and took the scrolls.

Mutsuki first opened the scroll detailing the assigned task.

As usual, the Root organization ninja didn't waste words. After delivering the items, they left without much ado.

Sensing the disappearance of the Root organization ninja's presence, Mutsuki walked into the house to examine the contents of the scrolls.

Similar to before, the front part contained praise for Mutsuki's successful completion of the task, acknowledging his development under the organization's guidance, but emphasizing the need for continued effort.

Mutsuki focused on reading the latter part.

Danzo addressed Mutsuki's previous inquiry about recruiting Asuma into the Root organization, stating that it was not necessary.

Danzo stated that Mutsuki only needs to teach Asuma normally, becoming an important sensei for Asuma is sufficient. There's no need to do anything extra, and he especially cautioned Mutsuki not to reveal anything unusual.

This response was close to what Mutsuki had anticipated.

Dragging Asuma into the Root organization would be like Danzo sitting in the Hokage's office, waiting for the moment to regret challenging him.

Although Danzo's Root organization is not weak, its current strength relies entirely on absorbing resources from ANBU. This is why Sarutobi Hiruzen, the true Hokage, finds it too easy to manipulate the Root.

Additionally, Mutsuki is instructed to closely monitor Uchiha students, assess any inclination towards opposing Konoha, and be vigilant for potential prodigies that could be absorbed by the Root.

As for the other scroll, it contains several hard-to-obtain advanced secret medicines, given as a reward for Mutsuki's excellent completion of the mission.

Mutsuki carefully stored the scroll containing the secret medicines and burned the other scroll.

"In this world, even a peaceful life has become a luxury..."

Mutsuki swept up the ashes and dumped them into the trash can, looking expressionless toward the courtyard.

The life of waking up to find a fully armed ninja standing in the courtyard made him very uncomfortable.

But Mutsuki has no choice now.

He has considered whether to reveal his strength directly while teaching Asuma, letting Sarutobi see his value, and then switching to Lord Third's side to resolve the curse seal issue.

This idea was quickly rejected by Mutsuki.

He could switch sides by gaining Sarutobi's appreciation, but it couldn't involve exposing his true strength.

Sarutobi Hiruzen is not clear about his specific abilities and the Ninjutsu he has learned. As long as he doesn't reveal techniques like the Water Severing Wave, it can be explained away.

But with Danzo, it's different. The original owner was cultivated by Danzo, and he knows too much.

If he were to switch sides by exposing his strength, Danzo might inform Lord Third about Mutsuki's information and handle him as a spy.

Mutsuki believes there are only three situations where revealing his strength is viable. One is if Danzo is preparing to use him as expendable, then revealing his strength would provide an opportunity for negotiation.