Chapter 77: Guy's New Mission

"Hey Guy, you look in great shape today." On Sunday morning, Mutsuki arrived at the usual training spot and found Guy already there, doing squats with a large stone.

"I think what you said before, Yumi-sensei, makes a lot of sense. Engaging in honorable battles with strong opponents can better transform the results of training into one's own strength. So, last night..."

Guy told Mutsuki about losing the challenge to Kakashi the previous night.

"If you can keep sensei's words in your heart, sensei will be pleased," Mutsuki said with a smile.

"As long as you continue to work hard in the times to come, sensei believes you will surpass your dearest friend and become the strongest. Because you are a hardworking genius!"

"A hardworking genius." Guy, upon hearing these words, felt a shiver through his body, realizing that the description indeed suited him well.

"With Yumi-sensei's help, I have great confidence in my path to become the strongest!" Guy exclaimed with a brilliant smile.

Every time he reflected on the changes in himself, Guy became more aware of Mutsuki's importance. In fact, after being Mutsuki's disciple for a long time, even individuals like Guy and Obito, who were relatively slow to notice things, sensed that something was amiss.

The strength Mutsuki displayed in front of them was far beyond the level expected of a Chunin sensei. However, Guy didn't mind. He could sense that Mutsuki genuinely cared for him. Whenever their disciples showed significant improvement in their abilities, he could feel Mutsuki's joy surpassing theirs.

Apart from Mutsuki, he had only seen similar behavior in his own father. "With Yumi-sensei's guidance, we will defeat Kakashi sooner or later!" Guy expressed strong confidence in both himself and Mutsuki.

[Dedicated Task for Disciple Guy]

[Training Task: Defeat Kakashi]

[Reward: Depending on the completion and strength growth during the task]

Looking at the training task that had finally emerged, Mutsuki nodded inwardly. His intuition was indeed correct; he had basically grasped the triggering mechanism for training tasks.

It had been more than two months since the first triggering of the training tasks. Through continuous probing, Mutsuki had learned some of the conditions for the training task. The training tasks mainly depended on the disciples' subjective willingness. Situations like Guy and Obito were relatively easy to trigger, while it was challenging for someone like Shisui.

Because Shisui was too invincible among his peers, no one posed a challenge to him. He had no goals to surpass and simply picked one casually.

Mutsuki had attempted to induce Shisui to trigger a training task, but after trying for a long time, he couldn't bring it about. Mutsuki speculated that training tasks might not be able to trigger long-term objectives. Otherwise, given Shisui's personality, it wouldn't be impossible to trigger a task that could change the Uchiha's situation.

It could also be a matter of trust level; perhaps a trust level of three was required to trigger training tasks, and maybe there would be new changes at trust level four.

Even though training tasks cannot currently be triggered, Mutsuki still values Shisui highly. Perhaps due to Shisui's better talent and more extensive training, Shisui's Chakra growth is rapid. Currently, the Chakra given by the Studen-Teacher return is the most from Shisui, more than Obito and Guy combined.

Moreover, Shisui is currently the only disciple who has triggered the strength growth reward. Mutsuki estimates that it might take some time for Obito and Guy to trigger it.

Not long after, Shisui also came over to prepare for training. Seeing both of them, Mutsuki called them together to start teaching them Soru.

Obito was the last to arrive, and seeing Guy and Shisui learning Soru, he couldn't help but feel envious. However, when he thought about the ticket cost and difficulty of that Taijutsu challenge, Obito's headache returned.

"You have to quickly dodge while maintaining forward speed," Obito practiced Nature Transformation while contemplating how to solve this problem. If he didn't address the issues encountered earlier, even if he attempted the challenge again, he would only end up with three more test papers.

"Let's do some evening running exercises from now on. It should be somewhat beneficial," Obito thought he could strengthen his leg training.

Stronger legs not only run faster but also make it less tiring when using Chakra.

...

With the intervention of the Third Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen, the matter of summer special training was quickly arranged. For fourth-grade students, unless there are special circumstances, all of them will return to school for special training. Other outstanding students from different grades can decline the invitation for special training.

The main training targets for this special session are not the Genin who graduated this year or other outstanding students from different grades. Instead, it focuses on the fourth-grade students who will be graduating soon.

The Academy directly sent senseis for on-site notification and communicated with parents.

Mutsuki felt that in this harsh ninja world, there should be no parents who wouldn't want their children to be stronger. Even if Konoha's textbooks glorify ninjas, the profession is ultimately extremely dangerous.

The news of the third Kazekage's disappearance has already spread throughout Konoha. Anyone with a bit of understanding of the current ninja world's situation understands that a major war is inevitable.

Thinking again about the previous friction between the Hidden Cloud and Konoha, Konoha is probably unable to stay out of it.

The selection of specific outstanding students from each grade is decided by Mutsuki. Eight students are chosen from each grade, and he directly instructed the senseis to select them based on their practical combat scores.

Because Mutsuki's first-year class has a relatively strong dominance in the first grade, four students from Mutsuki's class were selected. They are Shisui, Anko, Kotetsu, and Izumo.

Anko didn't know how others felt, but when the sensei came to tell her that she had to undergo another month of summer special training, she was quite bewildered. The vacation hadn't even lasted a week, and now it was time to go back to school.

Anko was relieved that this summer special training focused only on practical combat, with no need for theory classes. Plus, it was being taught by her favorite teacher, Yumi-sensei.

There were almost no refusals from the outstanding students in each grade.

On the other hand, for the Genin, very few applied for the special training—only about a dozen people.

Mutsuki could understand; compared to the Chunin senseis at the Academy, most people would trust the guidance of their instructors after graduation.

Having a suspicious superior is quite troublesome.

Because of this summer special training, Mutsuki went the extra mile to provide a separate report, briefing Danzo on the details of the training. After all, this matter wasn't insignificant; it was the first time the Academy held summer special training, and even the Genin graduated this year received notifications.

Danzo seemed to think Mutsuki had done a good job on the mission, responding while also rewarding Mutsuki with a special medicine for Root's training.

In his reply, Danzo suggested that Mutsuki should strive to perform even better, aiming for a direct promotion to Special Jonin by Lord Third. The rest of the message contained some meaningless content resembling praise and flattery.

Mutsuki could only say that the original owner might find it touching, but after reading it, he would only dislike Danzo even more. He didn't even want to use the special medicine given by Danzo, even though it was part of his compensation.

---

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja