Chapter 50: Thoughtful Gift

Huff, huff.

Obito gasped for breath, then handed the long box in his hand to Mutsuki, saying:

"Yumi-sensei, I heard that you like calligraphy, so I thought of using the prize money from the competition to buy a brush for you."

Originally, Obito wanted to buy a gift for Rin, but he thought it wouldn't be right.

Sometimes he could be stubborn, but that didn't mean he didn't care at all. Without Mutsuki's dedicated guidance, would he have the ability to achieve first place? No.

Not only did he achieve first place in the competition, but he also passed the theoretical exam for the first time, and before the practical exam, he managed to shake off the title of being at the bottom, all thanks to Mutsuki's guidance.

So, in the end, Obito decided to buy a gift for Mutsuki.

Facing the extended box, Mutsuki swallowed the words of reprimand.

He took the long box, opened it for a glance, nodded slightly, then closed it using his left hand while soothingly saying to Obito with his right hand:

"I do indeed like calligraphy. I'm very pleased with your gift. Take a break first before preparing for training."

When a disciple gives him a gift, he must provide positive feedback rather than lecturing according to the original plan.

Judging by Obito's appearance, this might be the reason he came late to today's class.

Carefully preparing a gift for sensei, only to receive a torrent of lectures in return, would make anyone unhappy.

Of course, a reversal could be played out. Apologize and express gratitude after training, using the pretext of being a master-disciple during training and friends afterward.

Starting with feelings of grievance and resentment, these emotions would transform into positive ones during the reversal, significantly boosting affection.

However, Mutsuki wasn't inclined to use this approach now, at least not today.

After all, today marked the first gift he received in another world.

"Hehe, Sensei, as long as you like it. I don't understand much about calligraphy, but I thought this brush looked good, so I bought it," Obito said with a silly smile.

Following that, Obito took a few deep breaths, stood up, and said, "Yumi-sensei, I'm ready. Let's begin today's training."

Seeing Obito's high enthusiasm, Mutsuki nodded and then gestured for Might Guy to come over.

"Next, let's restart the training from three weeks ago. You haven't forgotten, have you?" Mutsuki asked with a smile.

Obito's memory gradually returned to the days before the special training for the competition.

"Do an extra question for each hit you take..." Suddenly attacked by memories, Obito's forehead broke out in a cold sweat as he recalled.

For the past twenty-plus days, he had been practicing Chakra Control and Nature Transformation, causing him to forget the kind of hellish training he went through before.

"I haven't forgotten. If you don't get hit once, do fifty questions. For each hit, you can do one less question, with a maximum reduction of forty questions," Might Guy recalled and said.

He might struggle to name his opponents in the practical exams, but he remembers the training plan well.

"Obito is not allowed to use Ninjutsu in combat. For each hit, he has to do an extra question," Might Guy said, giving Obito a thumbs-up and stating Obito's condition as well.