Chapter 86: Individual Results

"Raido Namiashi." Mutsuki called a student by name to come forward for the exam.

Raido quickly walked to the exam area and began using an Earth Release Ninjutsu. Following that, he swiftly drew a Kunai and demonstrated a series of sharp Taijutsu movements. He then rapidly threw three Shuriken at a target fifty meters away. Although not all of them hit the bullseye, they all found their mark.

Next, Raido dashed towards a large tree. On the tree, he moved effortlessly, with stable Chakra control. Even when stepping on water, he withstood the waves brought by the Water Dragon Bullet, avoiding falling into the water.

After some contemplation, Mutsuki gave Raido a score of seven for ninjutsu, seven point five for hand seals, eight point seven for physical abilities, six for Shuriken throwing, and seven point eight for Chakra control.

Raido has a solid foundation, excelling in Taijutsu, but falls a bit short in other areas.

For A Group's students, Mutsuki used a higher-level grading standard than the one used during grouping.

"Uchiha Obito." Mutsuki continued to call out the next person's name.

"Unfortunately, Rin is in Group B; it would have been better if she were in Group A." After greeting Mutsuki, Obito thought to himself.

After completing Mutsuki's first challenge, Obito found the exam tasks to be incredibly simple. He regretted that he couldn't show Rin his impressive performance.

"Great Fireball Jutsu!" Obito decisively employed his expertise in Fire Release Ninjutsu, unleashing a terrifying Great Fireball that reached up to four meters.

Since Mutsuki helped him improve the Great Fireball last time, Obito had been mostly using that more imposing-looking version, even though it consumed more Chakra.

"Damn, are all Academy students at such a high level now?" Raido couldn't help but be amazed at Obito's astonishing proficiency in Fire Release. Are all students from the Uchiha Clan monsters?

"It feels more formidable than Asuma's Fire Release," Kurenai nodded in agreement.

"His Fire Release may look impressive, but it can't hit people," Asuma, seeing that Kurenai seemed to doubt his skills, quickly stepped forward to explain.

"The Great Fireball Jutsu has a relatively slow flying speed, and it can't change direction. It's generally used as a feint attack," Asuma clarified.

While Asuma could still joke about the Great Fireball, he had nothing to say about Obito's performance. In both Taijutsu and other tasks, Obito demonstrated exceptional abilities without any notable weaknesses.

"Might Guy."

After being called up, Guy followed the order and started with Ninjutsu. However, he only mastered Three Basic Jutsu.

Finally seeing a student using Three Basic Jutsu, and not using them particularly well, Raido and Asuma smiled. But the next moment, Might Guy's display of Taijutsu made their smiles freeze.

"His kicking speed is impressive; it feels faster than yours, Raido." Asuma felt a bit puzzled, thinking he had finally found a normal student, only to discover that he was an extremely specialized one.

Raido remained silent, feeling that he might not win in a pure Taijutsu showdown against Might Guy.

Asuma noticed that some students around them were quite calm, as if they were accustomed to such scenes. Asuma approached to inquire.

After questioning, Asuma learned that Might Guy was the first in the fourth grade and had defeated Obito to claim that position.

Instantly, Asuma felt that Might Guy's fighting style might be even more fierce than his recent performance suggested.

"Uchiha Shisui."

When Mutsuki called out Shisui's name, the atmosphere suddenly quieted down. Students stared at Shisui as he walked forward.

Since Shisui defeated Raido on the first day of summer special training, students knew about him as a formidable individual.

Asuma didn't want to watch Shisui anymore; he didn't need to see to know that Shisui was undoubtedly the strongest, especially since he could overpower Asuma himself.

As he expected, Shisui's performance in every exam was nearly perfect, easily surpassing everyone before him.

"Sarutobi Asuma."

Asuma heard his name at the least opportune moment.

As he approached for the exam, Asuma knew that others would inevitably compare him to Shisui, and it didn't bode well for him. Despite the unease, Asuma didn't consider running away. After a few seconds of hesitation, he went ahead.

If he couldn't measure up, so be it. At least his previous boasts and subsequent defeat weren't known to others.

As the class neared its end, Mutsuki finished grading all the students, leaving only the final rankings to be announced.

"Will there be any rewards?" Mutsuki pondered while ranking the students. In his mind, he thought about instituting frequent quizzes and occasional major exams as a way to maximize benefits from the system.

The goal was to exploit the system to the fullest.

When the class time was up, Mutsuki had everything organized. He posted the neatly arranged rankings and scores on a prepared board, promptly declaring the end of the class.

The students didn't rush to leave the training ground; instead, they gathered around the notice board to check their scores.

"I only got twenty-four points..." Anko scratched her head, expressing dissatisfaction. During her time at the Academy, her scores were usually above thirty-five.

Checking the promotion list below, she found that she wasn't on it. Rather than saying she wasn't on it, it was more accurate to say that out of over three hundred people, only Ebisu had advanced, moving from Group B to Group A.

Izumo and Kotetsu, standing nearby, remained silent upon hearing Anko's words because they hadn't even surpassed twenty points themselves.

They were soon drawn to the promotion list below.

"Ebisu big brother is indeed a genius," Kotetsu admired Ebisu even more upon seeing that he was the only one promoted.

"Indeed, standing out alone is such an admirable thing," Izumo nodded in agreement.

"But once we perfect that technique this week, we'll be like Ebisu big brother next week," Kotetsu boldly declared.

He had full confidence in perfecting the Confusion Jutsu. Even if his scores weren't high, he still swept through everything in practical exams.

Izumo shared the same idea with Kotetsu, and both of them wore extremely expectant smiles.

"Kotetsu and Izumo are becoming more and more incomprehensible." Anko, looking at the two happily laughing, felt a bit puzzled.

Asuma squeezed in to take a look at the rankings for Group A. To his relief, he was ranked third in overall scores, slightly lower than Shisui and Obito.

"I need to train even harder this week." Asuma felt a strong sense of urgency.

Although Might Guy's test scores weren't high, his practical combat skills were likely very strong. After all, he recently defeated Obito in the final exams, and his teammate Raido was also a similar combat-oriented player.

Asuma aimed to secure a top-three position in practical exams, as for the top spot, he currently had no plans for it.

---

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja