Chapter 15: The Underestimated Obito

At Training Ground 16, Mutsuki is taking attendance before the exam.

Since it's a school-wide exam and requires space for practical training, the school's playground is clearly not enough to accommodate everyone. Therefore, they go directly to the training ground for the exam.

After confirming that all the examinees are present, Mutsuki and Kimura announce the start of the drawing lots.

The rules for the practical exam are simple. Students come up and draw lots according to the class roster. The drawn number determines their opponent in the battle—number one fights number two, number three fights number four, and so on.

"I'm number one. Rin, what's your number?" After drawing the lot, Obito eagerly approaches Nohara Rin.

"I'm number ten. So, Obito, you're in the first match." Nohara Rin replies.

"Doesn't matter which match it is. I'll win anyway." Obito is very confident, believing that his current strength will surprise everyone.

After training with Mutsuki for a month, Obito felt a sense of constant improvement every day. Presently, he has left behind the version of himself from a month ago by an uncountable margin.
After asking Nohara Rin, Obito inquired about Might Guy's number.

"Number forty," replied Might Guy.

"In that case, we probably won't meet until the end," Obito expected Might Guy to be on the opposite side of his at the finale.

"Don't lose before me, Obito." Might Guy gave Obito a thumbs up for encouragement.

"That should be my line. After all, I am an Uchiha." Obito didn't know if Might Guy was intentionally provoking him or not, but it sounded quite challenging.

"Where do you two get your confidence from?" a classmate nearby commented, wondering how these two trailing students ended up facing each other at their peak.

"The first battle is about to begin. Please prepare for the exam, the first examinee, Uchiha Obito, and the second examinee, Uchiha Tekka," Mutsuki announced as they checked the time, officially starting the exam.

Obito didn't argue with those who were mocking him. He quickly walked to the square area marked with white lines, preparing for the exam.

Uchiha Tekka also swiftly entered the exam area, exchanging a glance with Obito.

Although both were Uchiha, of the same age and classmates, they had hardly spoken to each other.
There were no dramatic plot twists; it was simply a lack of interest from both sides.

Uchiha Tekka thought Obito seemed a bit clueless, lacking in strength, and often late—never seen such an inexperienced Uchiha.

Obito felt that Uchiha Tekka appeared cold and unapproachable.

"Both sides are Uchiha; this should be interesting," someone with a sense of humor couldn't help but laugh.

Being from the same ninja clan, the embarrassment of defeat would be shared.

"What's interesting about this? It's clear Uchiha Tekka will win, not Uchiha Obito," the person next to him believed it was a battle without any suspense.

"Keep in mind that, apart from being suppressed by Kakashi in the first year, Uchiha Tekka has consistently ranked first in the class in both the second and third years."

"Uchiha Obito's skills are subpar in theory, and his practical abilities are just average. How could he possibly defeat someone like Uchiha Tekka?"

Upon reflection, it seemed that the person making this comment had a point. Uchiha Tekka could be considered the epitome of an outstanding Uchiha ninja, excelling in both practical skills and theory. Except for the abnormal Kakashi who graduated in the first year, there was no one in the class who could match him.