Chapter 5: Exam Secrets

"Yumi sensei, please, please don't tell Chitani sensei," Obito persistently pleaded with Mutsuki, refusing to give up.

"That depends on your performance," Mutsuki said with a sly smile, not providing a specific answer.
"Sensei, is there something wrong?" Might Guy scratched his head, not understanding why he was called out, as he hadn't made any mistakes.

Mutsuki looked at Might Guy, the man almost won in the grand finale and was hailed by Madara as the strongest in Taijutsu, now though he is still quite immature.

Although he had already put on that iconic green jumpsuit, in terms of strength and conviction, he still had a long way to go.

Even though Might Guy at this moment believed that his daily training would surely make him a Taijutsu powerhouse, he had not fully grasped the concept of youth and self-restraint that his father talked about. He still needed to grow, and Mutsuki was more than willing to lend a helping hand during this period.

"Your theoretical scores have been causing a lot of trouble for Chitani sensei," Mutsuki spoke up.
Upon hearing Mutsuki's words, even the bold Obito felt embarrassed and lowered his head.

"It's not that I don't want to learn, but the questions are just too difficult to understand. Why do we have to calculate how many animals are separated?..." Obito attempted to argue.

Seeing Obito like this, Mutsuki recalled his own time struggling with high school math. Fortunately, he didn't have to study advanced math for his major.

However, Mutsuki knew it was actually Obito's issue because the math taught at the Academy was the simplest kind, with fewer courses and less comlexity involved.

"But it's not just math that you're lacking in; history, Ninjutsu theory, you struggle with all of them," Mutsuki shook his head.

"What's the point of knowing all that history? It's all in the past anyway," Obito felt that the history class should be canceled. Maybe you could use math when buying groceries, but what's the use of history?

"I feel the same way," Might Guy nodded in agreement, genuinely struggling to memorize all that history.

"You should discuss this with Lord Third; he is the principal of the Academy," Mutsuki stated that his opinion in this matter doesn't carry much weight.

"But continuing like this is not a solution, it's not good for Chitani sensei or for any of you."

"Do you have any exam secrets, Yumi sensei?" Obito looked at Mutsuki with anticipation.

Might Guy also looked excitedly at Mutsuki; no one wants to be left behind if there's a chance to improve.

"There is indeed a secret to exams, and that is practice, practice while studying!" Mutsuki revealed his secret.

With the exam intensity at the Academy, he only needed to apply his experience from his past life for them to easily pass, as the Academy exams only required half of the class's average for passing.

"Practice?" Both of them looked puzzled, not quite understanding.

"You can consider this as special training to handle exams, and, if you pass the exams, I will have a reward for you," Mutsuki said with a smile.

"What reward, a portion of Dango?" Obito curiously asked.

"I can teach you Ninjutsu or Taijutsu, in short, guide you in your training," Mutsuki replied.

"Really!" Both of them widened their eyes, finding it hard to believe that such a good opportunity was coming their way.

"The condition is that you must pass the exams a month from now," Mutsuki reminded.

"Is this what youth is about? I'm fired up!" Might Guy exclaimed with excitement.

"We will definitely pass this time," Obito made a firm promise.

Watching the two already motivated individuals, Mutsuki nodded inwardly. Experienced hunters often appear in the guise of prey.

They felt like they hit the jackpot—getting the secret to passing exams and receiving guidance as a reward. Meanwhile, Mutsuki just needed to naturally become their sensei during the training process and profit from it.

Even if the two of them ultimately don't pass, it's okay. Mutsuki can easily say that seeing their efforts, it would be hard not to reward them, and maybe he can even gain some more favor.

The reason he didn't recruit them like he did with Shisui, besides the unsuitable background for forming such a bond of gratitude, is that Mutsuki is only here to teach one class. He can't maintain long-term contact. It would have been easier if he were their homeroom teacher.

After finalizing the special training with the two, Mutsuki led them back to the classroom.

"Obito, why did Yumi sensei call you out? It's not a punishment, right?" Nohara Rin asked, expressing some concern.

"How could it be a punishment? Yumi sensei is amazing, teaching me the secrets to passing exams," Obito immediately defended Mutsuki's reputation.

As long as Mutsuki can help him shake off the title of being at the bottom, Obito could become the top student in the ninja school.

"Rin, you should also pay more attention in class. Don't let me surpass you in the next exam," Obito grinned.

"If you really manage to surpass me, that would be great," Nohara Rin looked at the proud Obito and showed a helpless smile. Although she can't claim the top spot, she still ranks among the top students.

After the bell for class rang, Obito adopted an unprecedented level of seriousness. This time, he absolutely had to pass, and he had already begun researching which Ninjutsu to learn.

Seeing this scene, Nohara Rin was somewhat surprised, wondering if Obito was genuinely serious this time.

Three minutes later, observing Obito slouched over his desk, Nohara Rin could only conclude that he was still the familiar Obito.

At that moment, a chalk tip traced a beautiful trajectory and hit Obito on the head.

Obito looked around in confusion, saw Mutsuki's face, saw Nohara Rin's face, saw Might Guy diligently taking notes, and remembered what he had said just three minutes ago. His face couldn't help but flush with embarrassment, and he lost his drowsiness.

After overcoming Obito's brief nap episode, the remaining classes went smoothly.

[Lecture Completed]

[Evaluation: A]

[Reward Obtained: Konoha Whirlwind]

This time, the reward wasn't Ninjutsu but Taijutsu, and it was something developed by the future Might Guy.

This Taijutsu may seem simple at first glance, just kicking legs, but Mutsuki, who has already made preliminary progress thank to the system, found that it is not as straightforward as he imagined. The kicking posture, the burst of muscles, the release of Chakra—all of these require skill.

Mutsuki had been worried about not having much to teach Guy later, so he was very satisfied with this reward.

After school, Mutsuki roamed the southern forest of Konoha, searching for a suitable place to practice.

Despite his new identity, he still had ties to the roots, and Danzo was sure to know the location of his house.

Considering Danzo's disdain for the Uchiha, if he were to find out that Mutsuki had not reported and was teaching Shisui Ninjutsu, he might suspect Mutsuki of betrayal.

Although there was Sensory Ninjutsu, it couldn't be kept active all the time, and Chakra support had its limits.

So, Mutsuki planned to take Shisui outside for training in the future.

Eventually, Mutsuki found a nice spot by a small river—secluded and suitable for practice.

Mutsuki noted down this location and headed home.

As it turned out, Mutsuki's caution wasn't in vain. Upon entering the courtyard, he noticed a ninja with an animal mask standing there.

------

Enjoy second release for today!

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja