Chapter 12: Establishing a Character

In the morning, after Hagane Kotetsu got up, he quickly finished washing up, had breakfast, and hurried to school.

"Today you got up quite early, why the rush?" his mother asked with a puzzled look.

"Of course, I want to get to school early and study," replied Hagane Kotetsu without looking back.

This was just a casual lie to his mother. Although Hagane Kotetsu didn't dislike going to school, he wasn't particularly fond of it either because not all senseis were as lively and interesting as Mutsuki.

The real reason Hagane Kotetsu was in a hurry to go to school was that he urgently wanted to know if his good friend Kamizuki Izumo had taken the first step in his romantic endeavors.

It was on Thursday that Hagane Kotetsu gave Kamizuki Izumo some advice, but by Friday, Kamizuki Izumo claimed he didn't dare to act and needed more time to think.

Hagane Kotetsu thought that the weekend, two days in total, should be enough time for Kamizuki Izumo to make a decision.

When Hagane Kotetsu arrived at the classroom, not many people were there, and Kamizuki Izumo had not arrived yet.

However, Kamizuki Izumo didn't keep him waiting for long. After about seven or eight minutes, he saw Kamizuki Izumo walk in looking dispirited.

"Izumo, did you not sleep well yesterday?" Hagane Kotetsu asked, puzzled.

Kamizuki Izumo shook his head.

"Did you give the flowers to her over the weekend?" Hagane Kotetsu asked eagerly.

"Ah, don't bring that up," Kamizuki Izumo's expression became even more gloomy upon hearing Hagane Kotetsu's words.

"She didn't appreciate the flowers because she likes them. It's because she's allergic to pollen and was worried about it being blown over," Kamizuki Izumo explained.

Hagane Kotetsu fell silent for a moment upon hearing this news, then asked, "So, did you give her the flowers?"

Kamizuki Izumo didn't answer Hagane Kotetsu's question, but his silence and the resentful expression on his face already answered Hagane Kotetsu's inquiry.

Hagane Kotetsu patted Kamizuki Izumo's shoulder and comforted him:

"No problem, I remember a cute girl I played with, Mei. How about we hang out together and get to know her sometime?"

"That sounds great, Kotetsu." Kamizuki Izumo swept away the gloomy atmosphere, instantly smiling.

"I've come up with a brilliant plan to help you deal with your cousin over the weekend."

"That's fantastic! Tell me about the plan."

"Class is starting!"

Mutsuki's voice reached their ears, and they just realized that the class had already begun. They had been so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't notice the bell ringing.

So, the two quickly sat up and began to pay attention to the class. It had been two days since they last attended Mutsuki's class, and they were quite eager to catch up.

Mutsuki did not disappoint them. The class proceeded smoothly and pleasantly, and without realizing it, they gained a lot of knowledge.

[Lecture Completed]
[Evaluation: A]
[Reward: Water Release: Water Severing Wave]

Seeing the reward as Water Severing Wave, Mutsuki's eyes instantly lit up. This Ninjutsu was no ordinary technique.

"This is the Water Release developed by Lord Second. It can spray out a high-pressure straight water column, incredibly powerful, capable of cutting even the divine tree's roots."

Mutsuki felt very pleased with the results, and immediately another piece of good news appeared.

"Mutsuki-sensei, I remember you don't have classes in the afternoon. Can you help me substitute for my class? I have Ninjutsu class for the fourth year, class two in the afternoon."

In the office, Chitani Isamu walked over to Mutsuki, hoping Mutsuki could help substitute his class.

"There's no problem with substituting the class, Chitani-sensei. Are you feeling unwell?" Although Mutsuki was happy about the opportunity to earn another reward, maintaining appearances was crucial. He asked with a concerned expression.

"I'm fine physically. Thank you, Yumi-sensei, for your concern," Chitani Isamu thanked Mutsuki and explained, "It's about my previous blind date; I made plans to go out with her this afternoon."

"Why not choose a time when you don't have many classes?" Ueda Aya teased.

"I wish I could, but she said today afternoon was the only time she was available recently," Chitani Isamu explained. If there were other options, he wouldn't want to trouble Mutsuki. After all, Mutsuki was too kind, and Chitani Isamu felt awkward taking advantage of him.

Ueda Aya was already too lazy to talk about Chitani Isamu. She sincerely feels that he and that blind date won't have a good outcome. Because if the other person is truly interested, they would consider Chitani Isamu's feelings and not let him trouble his colleagues.

"Well, Chitani-sensei, do your best," Mutsuki smiled, encouraging him to earn more rewards.

"Thank you so much, Yumi-sensei. If it works out, I'll treat you to dinner at the most expensive restaurant in Konoha," Chitani Isamu expressed his gratitude. Then, he hurriedly left the office, needing to go home, change clothes, and tidy up.

"I was right last time, Yumi-sensei. With your personality, people will come to you for help whenever they're in a bind," Ueda Aya sighed.

"Helping others is a pleasure, and colleagues should help each other," Mutsuki said with a serious expression.

"You're just too kind. It's easy to be taken advantage of like this," Ueda Aya lamented.

Mutsuki smiled without saying anything, starting to practice calligraphy.

Watching Mutsuki earnestly practicing calligraphy, Ueda Aya couldn't help but feel the significant difference between people. If only Chitani Isamu had a quarter of Mutsuki's excellence, he wouldn't have gone this long without dating.

When Mutsuki felt it was about time, he put down his brush, tidied up the desk, and headed to the fourth-year, class two to teach.

As Mutsuki reached the classroom door, the bell rang.

"Chitani-sensei has something to attend to. I'll be substituting for today's Ninjutsu class," Mutsuki explained as he entered.

He glanced around the classroom; everyone was there except for Obito.

About three minutes into the class, Obito rushed into the room. Seeing Mutsuki at the podium, Obito was bewildered.

Having run in hastily, Obito was surprised to find Mutsuki-sensei teaching in his class. This was Obito's immediate thought.

He even, for a moment, questioned if he had walked into the wrong classroom. However, seeing familiar classmates confirmed he was in the right place.

Obito didn't have time to catch his breath and quickly began to explain, "Mutsuki-sensei, I didn't mean to be late. I ran into..."

"Ran into an old lady and wasted time asking for directions," before Obito could finish, someone in the class spoke up, completing his sentence, causing a burst of laughter.

"I'm serious. If I had known Mutsuki-sensei was teaching this afternoon, I would have come half an hour earlier for sure," Obito continued explaining.

He was afraid Mutsuki might think he wasn't studying properly and stop teaching him.

"Go back to your seat," Mutsuki nodded, acknowledging Obito's explanation, and added, " You shouldn't be late for Chitani-sensei's class either."

At the Academy, Ninjutsu classes start from the first year, teaching only three basic Ninjutsu techniques: Transformation Jutsu, Clone Jutsu, and Substitution Jutsu.

Although it might seem like a waste of time to spend several years learning only a few basic Ninjutsu, it is quite reasonable. After all, geniuses like Shisui are rare. For those who aim to become Chunin, mastering these three Ninjutsu is not easy, especially with additional courses to attend.

Despite having taken the Three Basic Jutsu class countless times, Mutsuki's Ninjutsu class still captivates them and makes them see things with fresh eyes.

"So that's how it is. No wonder the clone didn't look like the original," one student made progress on the spot.

"I really hope Chitani-sensei gets busier in the future, so we can have more classes with Mutsuki-sensei," another student jokingly expressed what was on their mind.

The people around them voiced their agreement.

Mutsuki didn't express any opinion on the matter; he just marveled at how useful the system's skills were in his heart.

[Lecture Completed]
[Evaluation: A]
[Reward: Lightning Release: Lightning Clone]

Instantly, techniques involving the transformation of Lightning Chakra and various experiences with Lightning Release: Lightning Clone appeared in Mutsuki's mind.

Although not an exceptionally powerful Ninjutsu, unlocking a Chakra attribute made Mutsuki feel satisfied, especially since he had already accomplished something in the morning.

For the next half month, Mutsuki maintained this rhythm. When no one asked him to substitute, he studied Ninjutsu theory in the office. If someone asked for substitution, he accepted without hesitation. At home, he taught Shisui, Obito, and others, and then spent time training his Chakra.

Perhaps because the quality of his substitute teaching was excellent, students who had been taught by Mutsuki wanted to experience it again. Coupled with Mutsuki's good reputation among other senseis, he quickly became a well-known sensei at the Academy.

Students perceived Mutsuki as a perfect sensei who delivers interesting lectures, has a gentle demeanor, and possesses handsome looks.

Other senseis also felt that Mutsuki was a sincere and kind colleague.

As the center of attention, Mutsuki didn't have many thoughts about it. He simply established the image he wanted to portray. Currently, he is pondering why the masked ninja is standing in his courtyard.

------

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja