The Impossible

Idol(s): Chaeyoung
Genre: Fluff/Slight Angst
TW: Mentions of Blood, Death, etc.

Scenario: When an oceanographer's life is threatened in the middle of the sea, fate intertwines. [Non-idol/Fantasy AU]

[A/N: Conversations shown in Italics are in Japanese!😌]

*Third Person's POV*

"Dr. Y/L/N, we are all set to leave." The second captain of the luxurious cruiser yacht knocked on the open door and informed the short girl who was busy sorting some papers inside her office in the underwater research facility. Her square rimless spectacles rested on the bridge of her nose.

The scientist nodded. "Can you please get Dr. Manobal on board? I will join you in five minutes."

The captain nodded and left to look for the other person.

In the next ten minutes, all of them were onboard to sail, and the first captain approached the short girl who was standing on the deck facing the sun.

"Dr. Y/L/N, we will now be sailing off. Destination, Busan Port. Distance to be covered, 1960 nautical miles. Approximate days at sea, 8.2. Weather conditions, favorable." He informed like a military marshall.

The girl nodded again. "Please proceed, Captain." She responded, adjusting her glasses. Her voice was neither optimistic nor dull.

The guy nodded, and within minutes, the vessel began its voyage.

"You don't look so happy, Doctor." A Thai girl with doe-like eyes approached the girl on desk. She sounded serious.

The short girl sighed, crossing her arms before her.

"Y/N, you need a life outside that facility. You have seen nothing but ocean in the last ten months." The doe-eyed girl accused.

"I am still have a–"

"Dream. I know." The Thai girl cut her off. "We do, too, Y/N. But we are aware of the life outside that. And you are not."

"Lisa," Y/N called defeated.

"What? Truth hurts? Your parents are worried about you, Bro. First, stop being so stubborn about attaining whatever you put your mind into. One day, it will bite you in the back." Lisa explained in her similar serious tone.

"Is that what Jennie told you before you followed me here?"

Lisa, who bore a serious expression all this while, burst out chuckling. "At least, I have her to go back home to. At this rate, I am afraid you will end up dating a mermaid." She joked.

"Mermaids don't exist, Lisa." Y/N responded, not catching onto the sarcasm.

"Bro!" The Thai girl huffed in disappointment. "You need booze and sex. Lots of it. And once we touch Seoul, I am gonna make sure of that."

"Whatever!" The short girl mumbled, walking away from Lisa, who chuckled.

Annoying her research team head slash, her best friend and college mate had been her only entertainment inside the underwater facility for the last four months for Dr. Lisa Manobal.

The two girls had graduated on oceanography five years ago, and while Lisa settled into the role of a university professor, Y/N was more keen on exploring underwater. She got into scuba diving and even became a professional rescue diver. With her qualifications, it wasn't long before that she received an opportunity to supervise a mission to explore a deeper section of the Mariana Trench.

Y/N joined the team almost a year ago, and she got Lisa also on board when she felt like her team lacked an enquiring mind.

Currently, they were on their way back to Seoul, their homes, to report the improvements to the HQ. Y/N didn't want to leave until she had made some real discoveries, but Lisa insisted that the short girl join her.