Melancholia (2)

Idol(s): Chaeyoung
Genre: Angst/Fluff
TW: Mature Content

Scenario: Can she set back everything right? [Non-idol AU]

*Rosè's POV*

How did everything come to this?

My life. The one I carefully planned, perfectly lived, had turned upside down. When did it slip from my hand?

Looking back, it all came down to that one dreaded night. When that pair of perverted eyes fell on me. Whenever I think about that night, I just want to crawl into absolute darkness. I feel disgusted about everything — even myself. That son of a bitch singlehandedly managed to make me hate everything around me — my life, my family, my friends, my Y/N and even myself.

Ever since I woke up in the hospital after the incident, I could feel how everyone around me was feeling. I knew how they felt when I shut all of them off, but then it felt right for me. Because everyone was looking at me with pity. I hated that.

However, not everyone.

Y/N never looked at me like that. Her eyes only held hope. I knew it. And it broke me even more. I thought we'd never be able to love each other the way we used to. Even after she constantly proved to me that her love for me would never change, I selfishly shut her off. I was even scared to change before her. If I had even seen a minute change in the way she looked at me — my body — I would've died.

And yet, I ended up hurting her.

I didn't know when I started to find solace in alcohol. I began to drink to escape from the memories of that night and the pain in Y/N's eyes. It did help me forget everything, at least for a while.

Then another night... there was this girl who was throwing herself onto me. At first, I only thought she was just a harmless company. But as minutes went on, my mind became clouded by lust. I don't remember how everything happened, I was drowned in alcohol to process any thoughts, but all of a sudden, I was getting pinned against the cold walls of her apartment, and she was impatiently removing our clothes.

I didn't think about anything else then. Not even about the person who was worriedly searching for me through the whole city. I just simply convinced myself that it was okay. But I immediately regretted everything when I found someone else laying beside me naked other than my Y/N.

And when I came home in the morning, I got scared when I couldn't find her. That's when it hit me. Without her, I don't know how to live. Without her, I'd go crazy; I'd be nothing.

When I hugged her again, I was sure. I couldn't lose her. She was my everything. The only person I want to love in my life. That's why, at first, I decided to keep everything from her. I was sure Y/N wouldn't forgive me. No one would. If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't either. But my friends and doctor convinced me to do the right thing.

As I told her, I sincerely hoped, prayed, she'd forgive me.

It's been two days, but I can't seem to forget the look on her face as I told her I chose someone over her, even for a brief time. She looked as if someone had sucked the soul out of her.

I have been trying to reach her since then. I looked everywhere she could probably be. But she wasn't anywhere.

I was getting scared. What if she...?

That's when my phone rang.

I was hopeful that it'd be my Y/N, but it was just Dr. Bae.

I rushed out as soon as she told me Y/N was there. As I drove to the clinic, roughly wiping the tears that escaped my eyes, I hoped she'd still be there, but I already knew what was going to happen.