The Wrath Of The Kims (2)

Idol(s): Jennie
Genre: Fluff/Slight Angst
TW: None

Scenario: When the promise is broken again. [Non-idol/Mafia AU]

*Third Person's POV*

"Mom! It's eight ready." Ella whined at her mother, staring at the clock.

Jennie sighed, trying her wife's phone for the nth time.

The number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please try again–

"Dammit." Jennie cussed under her breath, throwing the device away. "I am going to kill her today."

"She broke her promise again." The little girl pouted, her face dropping in sadness.

"Hey, my sweetie!" The cat-eyed girl cooed, pulling her daughter to her lap. "Don't be sad. Let her come home, and Mom will make sure to give her an earful, okay?"

Ella nodded. "Don't let her in. I hate her." She said cutely.

"Aww! Do you? Really?" Jennie asked playfully.

"No. Not really. But don't tell her." Her daughter giggled.

"Will do." Jennie laughed along with her.

So, obviously, the issue was that Y/N still hadn't gotten home. Well, as the leader of a gang that handles notorious activities, it's not really practical to expect her to keep a schedule. But Y/N always does let her wife and daughter know what time she will be back, and she had been keeping her word ever since the last time Jennie and Ella gave her a warning that they would lock her out of the house.

But today, the promise was broken again. When the mafia boss left home in the morning, she had promised to be back by five to take the both of them out for dinner. She also did mention that she had a meeting with the rival gang.

However, even after four hours, there was no news from Y/N, and her phone wasn't connecting either. Jennie was getting frustrated and worried. And both of them were angry and disappointed at the tall girl.

Close to ten, there was a knock on the door.

"Finally! There she is." Ella sighed dramatically.

After the last time, Jennie had the lock number changed and kept it away from Y/N in a lame attempt to make her get home on time.

The knock came again, but Jennie and Ella refused to get up from the couch.

Eventually, the sounds got frequent, and the girl on the other side was banging the door repeatedly.

Finally, Jennie got up, clicking her tongue, and stormed to the front door.

"Y/N! If you think we will let you in today, then you are–" The cat-eyed girl was rambling, but she got cut off when she saw her wife's secretary on the other side instead of her wife. "Lisa? It was you?"

Lisa smiled nervously. "H– hi, Jennie."

"Are you here to vouch for your boss? Is she not coming home today?" Jennie asked, crossing her arms before her.

"I– that's– that's, um, Jennie, there has been a... dispute." The Thai girl said quietly.

The short girl's face dropped. She swallowed hard. "Where's Y/N? Is she– is she okay? Lisa, is she okay?" She sputtered nervously.

Ella was behind her, similarly nervous and confused.

"Jennie, don't panic. She's fine."

The cat-eyed girl sighed. "Where's she? I want to see her. Please take me to her, Lisa. Now."