Busy

Idol(s): Jennie
Genre: Slight Angst/Fluff
TW: None

Scenario: When you are too busy for your family.

*Second Person's POV*

"James, please. I only have time in the morning tomorrow. I can't postpone the meeting." You explained on your phone as you opened the door to your penthouse.

"Uh-uh! Yes, that's right." You continued to talk to the phone as you took off your shoes and jacket and threw your office bag on the couch.

"Yeah, do that. I really can't mix up my schedule now." You explained as you stretched yourself. "Yes, thank you." You said before cutting the call.

You sighed, shaking your head, and just as you were about to let your wife and kids know that you were home... a voice called you. It sounded stern and angry.

"Y/N." You turned around to find your wife sitting on the kitchen counter with her arms crossed before her.

"Oh, hey, Honey! There you are." You said happily.

She scoffed, rolling her eyes, and you could say she was not in a great mood.

"Woah! What did I do?" You asked, chuckling as you walked closer to her.

"Seriously?" She asked you in disbelief. "What was it today, Y/N?" She questioned you sternly.

"What?" You questioned back.

"I can't believe you at all!" She slammed her hand on the counter. "I clearly reminded you in the morning that today, the school wanted the parents of the students to be present there. You even promised, Y/N. And literally, every kid had their parents there except ours because you cared that damn much!" She shouted.

You mentally face palmed yourself as you just remembered and looked down guiltily.

"Yeah. Right! You did. I am sorry. It slipped my mind."

"Sorry? You are sorry?" She questioned in disbelief. "Do you know how much Ella and Kevin waited for you? Do you know how hurt they were? Do you think a sorry cuts for all that?"

You sighed. "God, Jennie! Stop whining. What else do you expect me to say? Yes, I forgot about it, and I feel terrible."

"Do you? Really?" Jennie scoffed.

"Jennie, please. I was busy. I had an important meeting today."

"SCREW YOUR MEETING AND WORK." She shouted, getting up.

"Jennie, stop shouting!" You whisper yelled, looking upstairs to make sure your kids are not around.

"Oh, what? You are now worried about your kids hearing you?" She mocked you.

"Jen, stop making this a big deal. I will apologise to them and take them out this weekend."

"Oh, yeah! Like that will cut for everything." She scoffed for the nth time. "Y/N, you are not seeing the point here."

"What else do you suppose me to do, Jennie? It was just one event. Cut me some slack." You whined.

"Did you say one event?" She asked in disbelief. "When was the last time you came to our kids' school? Do you know at least one of their friends? Or their teachers? Leave that all aside. When was the last time you spent an hour properly with us?"

You sighed, massaging your temples. "Jennie, you need to understand that my work is also important to me. I can't just escape from my responsibilities."

"And we are not your responsibility?" Jennie questioned. You clicked your tongue. "Also, please, don't give excuses about work. You are not the only person working here, Y/N. I work too, and let me remind you, in case you forgot, I am an idol, and I have my own company to manage. I am equally, or even more, busy and frustrated due to work than you. But I don't let that get in my way when it comes to you or our kids. But you are acting like you run this nation."