No Expectations

Idol(s): Jisoo
Genre: Angst
TW: None

Scenario: When she can't move on from her first love. [Non-idol AU]

*Second Person's POV*

"Hey! I am home." Jisoo mumbled tiredly as she got in.

You were already home from work, sitting on the couch, scrolling through the TV channels. You turned your head at her and immediately got up.

"What's wrong, Chu? Bad day?" You asked softly as you walked to her, noticing the frown on her face.

She nodded, pouting.

"Aw! Come here." You called, pulling her into your arms and holding her closer.

Jisoo buried her face in your chest, snuggling into your warmth.

"Want to tell me what happened?"

"My boss is being grumpy again. He had been firing at us all day." She stumbled sleepily.

"Sorry to hear that. Is there anything I could do to make you feel better?" You asked, running your hand in circles on her back.

She shook her head. "I don't know. Just don't let me go."

You laughed. "Yeah, I don't plan that." You assured her, walking back to the couch with her still in your arms and settling on it.

You kept running your hand through her hair, massaging her head. She hummed, feeling her nerves calm at your touch.

"Thanks, Y/N! You are a great friend." She mumbled.

You swallowed hard.

Still a friend! It's been already over two years since you met Jisoo. You have been in love with her since day one. But her? She's still grieving over the loss of her ex-boyfriend.

FLASHBACK

[two years ago...]

[night time...]

"Yo, Y/N! When are you getting a girlfriend?" Your best friend, Rosè, slurred.

"Babe! Stop drinking." Her girlfriend and your other best friend, Lisa, whined, looking at you apologetically.

You chuckled, taking a sip from the beer can in your hand, shaking your head.

The three of you and your other friends were in a club, and you were the topic of discussion as you were the only single one left.

"Bro, either you find someone. Or get laid. It's been centuries." One of them from your group, BamBam, joked.

"Hey! That ain't true." You snapped.

"It totally is! You probably have spider webs there." Rosè shouted, completely wasted.

"Fuck you, guys! I am leaving." You whined, getting up.

"Hey, Y/N! Wait!" Lisa yelled as you walked away.

Your group laughed, knowing you were escaping from their teasing. However, if you knew your life would change from there, would you have done anything different?

You ran into Jisoo that night outside the club. She was wasted, incoherent, and a mess. It may not have been the romantic setting to fall in love at first sight, but anyhow, you did.

"Don't look at me like that." She slurred while you tried to hold her up.

"Why not?" You teased.

"You are just going to remind me about him and I hate that." She whimpered.