You'll Be Safe In My Heart

Idol(s): Chaeyoung
Genre: Fluff
TW: Mentions of Anxiety, Trauma, etc.

*Second Person's POV*

Gripping the car steering tightly, you let out a shaky breath.

Your hold only tightened as you tried to push away everything else you had in your mind and put on a smile.

Your day had been hard. Actually, it had been that way for a few weeks now. Nothing seems to go your way, and you are getting more and more stressed. There had been many instances during these past few days when you could feel an anxiety attack engulfing you, and you only know how you managed to come back up and live through it.

You felt so drained and exhausted. But worse than that, you feel so sensitive. Like you want to cry. However, you don't know why you want to cry, though. All you feel is this urge to cry your eyes out, be held, and be consoled without asking for any reason.

But everyone around you seemed to be interested in knowing why!

Why do you want to cry? Or why are you crying?

People seemingly want to ask you these questions. But you had no answer whatsoever, and it's making you feel even more sensitive.

You blinked away the tears that threatened to fall from your eyes again.

You were already by the parking lot of your apartment, and you will have to go up in a few minutes, so you absolutely can't start crying again now.

As if on cue, your phone chimes beside you, and a notification pops up on the screen. A text from your girlfriend.

My Love❤️:
Baby, are you going to be late?
Should I start preparing dinner?

You bit your lower lip and threw your head back, hitting the seat head continuously in frustration.

It's further hurting you that you couldn't communicate your feelings with her as well.

It's not her fault, though. Your girlfriend, Roseanne Park, is this absolute angel in your life, and you love her more than anything. Despite being an idol and having a very busy schedule, she tries her best to give you equal attention and give your relationship equal importance.

You know she understands you better than anyone. And she would never mind listening to you talk, even if it's absolute rubbish or ridiculously silly. But you are holding yourself back for two reasons.

One, you don't want to burden her. Rosè already has a lot on her plate, and you don't want to add to it by making her worry about you. Since you don't even know why you feel down, you often consider these feelings baseless and act like nothing is bothering you.

Second, you are scared. You are scared that Rosè might find you over-sensitive and clingy. What if she found you as someone who was incapable of sorting out their own emotions? Also, you are scared that she might not be able to understand where you are coming from and might also seek a reason like others in your life.

In the past, you used to be more open about your feelings and would often confess everything to at least someone in your life — your close friends, family, or ex-girlfriends. But ironically, none of them were able to fully understand you. So, you started to shut your negative emotions and sadness to yourself.

You took a sharp breath again and took a look at yourself one last time in the rear mirror. Your face looked a bit red, and your eyes looked puffy. You could only hope that Rosè wouldn't catch on.

Putting on the brightest smile possible, you got out of your car and made your way up to your apartment.

"Baby, I am home!" You shouted excitedly as you opened the door.