Stay A Little Longer

Idol(s): Jisoo
Genre: Angst
TW: Mentions of Death [skip if you're uncomfortable]

Scenario: Some goodbyes are inevitable.

[A/N: I am sorry, guys.🫂🥺]

*Third Person's POV*

"Jisoo...?" Y/N groaned in the bed, opening her eyes tiredly.

"Yes, Baby. I am here. I am here." The short girl spoke in a hurry but softly, taking the former's hand in hers and caressing her palm.

"What's the time now?" The girl on the bed asked.

"It's going to be 11 in the morning, Baby."

Y/N hummed weakly. "You weren't here earlier. Where did you go?"

Jisoo swallowed hard. "The doctor wanted to see me."

"What did he say? Am I close?"

"Baby–" Jisoo called helplessly, her voice cracked as a tear rolled down her face.

Y/N forced a smile; her hand attempted to give Jisoo an assuring squeeze, but she was too tired and weak to do so. She pried her eyes away from the short girl beside her and ran them across the room. She can somewhat make sense of the other faces in the room.

There's Jennie, Rosè and Lisa — Jisoo's bandmates and Y/N's best friends. Then, Y/N's family and Jisoo's. Though she can't see their faces clearly, she knows all of them are crying. They are all shattered.

Because her time is running out.

Ten months ago, Y/N Y/L/N was just a simple, happy-go-lucky girl with the most perfect life she imagined — doing her dream job, dating the woman of her dreams, and having the most supportive family and friends.

Jisoo and Y/N had been dating for almost four years, and despite the busy lives that they both led, they had a happy, stable, and healthy relationship. They were each other's safe place. The only fear they had was how everything would turn out when they came out. However, two years ago, they got an answer to that as well when they got caught on a date. Against what they feared, the fans took it really well, and most of them were happy for the couple. Of course, there was hate, but the love and support outdid it.

They were the happiest. They were even planning their marriage.

There was nothing anymore that could have ruined their happiness.

Or so they thought.

During a routine health check-up ten months ago, the couple came to know about the tragic news that struck them like a bolt of lightning — Y/N had pancreatic cancer.

From the beginning, Y/N seemed like she had accepted the disease. It was Jisoo who couldn't cope. She couldn't believe that her Y/N would be snatched away from her just like that.

There was nothing they could do. Y/N was already in the fourth stage. Maybe it was fate that they never found out. Not even a miracle could have saved Y/N.

Ever since they found out, Jisoo hadn't left Y/N's side at all. She was scared Y/N would disappear. She even felt scared to fall asleep at night. But eventually, she, too, accepted everything. She accepted that she was helpless — that she was going to have to bid goodbye to Y/N soon. Much sooner than she had expected.

Right now, lying in the hospital bed, Y/N groaned again, shifting in her position. The painkillers and medications had taken away all her glory. She looked so thin, frail, and decrepit. And she was so much in pain.

Jisoo was clenching her teeth hard, not to cry. To see the girl she loved in such a state was more than she could take, but she promised herself that she wouldn't cry before Y/N again. She didn't want to put her girlfriend through that misery as well.