Melancholia

Idol(s): Chaeyoung
Genre: Angst
TW: Mentions of rape, trauma, cheating, etc. [skip if you're uncomfortable]

Scenario: One night was all it took to turn the life of a happy couple upside down.
[Non-idol AU]

*Third Person's POV*

"Hey, Baby, where do you see ourselves in fifty years?" The girl with almond eyes and blonde hair, Roseanne Park, asked her girlfriend as the two of them cuddled in their bed after a long night.

"Fifty? Hmm!!!" Her girlfriend, Y/N, playfully hummed, pulling a thinking face. "I don't know. Maybe... in the kitchen of our vacation home after finally marrying off our five kids and the birth of the second baby of our third kid, dancing to 'The Way You Look Tonight' in our night dresses with our heads on each other's shoulders...?" She explained in all seriousness.

Rosè stared at her girlfriend, fully lost in her enthusiasm and completely in love with her.

"Do you imagine all that?" Rosè whispered, loving at the tall girl.

"Oh, believe me! I imagine a lot more." Y/N snickered.

The blonde girl laughed. "And what's with these five kids, Y/L/N?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know... just keeping the numbers open. We can add more as you like." The tall girl shrugged.

"Idiot!" Rosè mumbled, chuckling, hugging the tell girl tight and snuggling close to her chest.

Y/N laughed, holding her girlfriend closer as she proceeded to fall into a peaceful slumber with the love of her life in her hands.

Roseanne Park and Y/N Y/L/N had been dating for about three years. Settled well in their life, doing what they love, the two girls fell for each other on an unexpected night and ended up deciding to spend the rest of their nights together.

They share a happy and healthy relationship, fitting together like pieces of the same puzzle, completing each other.

Everyone around them knows about their relationship — knows how deeply they are in love with each other — and they support them. And their hard-core supports, more like fans, are Rosè's best friends, now Y/N's, too: Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa.

Everything was going well. Perfect, in fact. They had their whole life ahead of them, and they had perfectly dreamt about it.

However, they failed to see the dark shadow that was about to befall over their lives.

One night, Rosè was working late in her office, and Y/N had a pretty tough day at work as well. The latter crashed home first, too lazy to even reach till her room, so she plopped onto the couch with their pet canine, Hank, cuddling over her.

Around an hour later, as Y/N finally got comfortable, her phone rang.

"Hey, Love," Y/N answered the call tiredly.

"Baby!!! You home?" Rosè chirped.

"Mm-hmm!"

"What's with the tone, Sweetie? Bad day?"

The tall girl nodded with a pout, and though Rosè couldn't see, she knew that's exactly what Y/N was doing.

"Ohh! My poor baby." The blonde girl cooed.

"When are you coming home?"

"I am just getting off work, Baby. My car is at the service centre, so I was calling to see if you could come and pick me up."

Y/N let out a whimper. "I am so sorry, Love. I don't think I am getting up from this couch soon. Can you please take a cab today?"

"Of course, Silly. It's not a big deal. I will see you soon." Rosè exclaimed.