Contact

Would he?

Alan's warm breath was still dusting his face, leaving behind that sweet scent that he had grown to love. God, he did love it didn't he? And at this moment, it was so strong, increasing in intensity as Alan's breath quickened.

Was the Alpha enjoying being so close to him?

His lips were perfect, literally. Jeff had never really thought about kissing anyone before. There had been one guy, a long time ago, they'd been friends to begin with and, eventually Jeff had found himself feeling something stronger. But then the vision happened, it was accidental and unwanted. He didn't want to have to carry that kind of load, knowing someone's dark future, so he ran. It was after that incident that he had decided to be alone, live a quiet life, and it had worked. Until now.

He wanted to lean in, wanted to know what it would feel like to have Alan's lips pressed against his own. Would he taste as sweet as he smelt?

The want, the need was urging him to edge forward. He moved slightly.......buzz, buzz, buzz...

Alan broke their eye contact first, moving his hand to his overalls, patting them frantically as he tried to locate his phone that was vibrating continuously in one of his pockets. Jeff moved his feet, spinning the chair around so Alan wouldn't see the pink flush of embarrassment creeping up his face. The vibrating stopped and Jeff heard Alan's voice as he answered the call, his footsteps were audible this time, softly banging on the floor as he walked away, his voice getting quieter until Jeff could no longer hear it. He'd left the office.

Jeff glanced to the right tentatively, wanting to be sure that the Alpha was gone, but secretly hoping that he wasn't.

His elbows resting on the leather of the armrests, he let his head fall into his hands, a loud, frustrated sigh leaving his mouth.

He scolded himself, "What the fuck Jeff? Were you going to kiss him? He's your boss!"

He was sick. That was the conclusion he had come to after what seemed like hours of debating his reckless behaviour over and over in his mind. Maybe it was the flu, he placed one of his palms to his temple, his skin was cool to the touch, maybe the fever hadn't quite taken hold of him yet.

In reality Jeff had been alone in the office for only five minutes, sitting in the chair in the same position, staring blankly at the metal filing cabinets in front of him.

"Hey, Jeff"

Jeff looked up, Sonic was standing in the doorway. "Tom's got a job he needs help with, he asked me to come and get you"

Tom was another one of the mechanics, Jeff had met him on his first day. He was slightly older than Jeff, but not as old as Alan, he didn't think. He was a pleasant man, didn't talk much but that suited Jeff.

"Ah, sure," Jeff replied, pushing himself up and out of the chair.

"Hey" Sonic said, pointing towards Jeff's tan leather chair, "Why have you got Boss's chair?"

Jeff frowned and turned to look at the chair sitting behind his desk, "What do you mean? My desk is the black one under the window, with the tan chair"

"Yeah, that's Boss's chair, it's his favourite, he had it long before I joined X-Hunter. No one's ever allowed near it" Sonic answered, astonished.

"The leather one? Are you sure? It was at the desk when P'Alan showed me in here" Jeff replied.

Sonic turned to look towards Alan's desk, noticing the black chair tucked under the dark wood.

"Wow, well he must really like you. Ask Babe, he'll tell you that no one dares even sit on it" Sonic said before walking out of the office.

Jeff looked at the chair, that's why the Alpha's scent was so strong on the leather, because the chair was his. But if it really was his favourite, as Sonic had said, why had he given it to Jeff? He didn't have an answer to that question and wouldn't find one standing here, (he had work to do) so he turned and followed Sonic down the hallway to the workshop.