Introduction

"Hi, you must be Jeff"

The Alpha's gentle voice was so soothing, his smile radiated a tender warmth.

"I'm Alan, nice to meet you" he added as he reached his hand out toward Jeff.

So Alan was the name the professor had written on the top of the paper, Jeff realised. Alan was the Alpha with the gloriously rough skin, the skin that was stained with oil today. Jeff desperately wanted to reach his own hand out, to feel their fingers touching, but he knew he couldn't.

"Err, sorry, I have a fear of germs, I don't like touching people" he said quickly, this wasn't the first time that he'd used this excuse.

Low laughter came from the men standing behind the Alpha.

"Huh?" He looked around sheepishly, "Oh, never mind" he said as cleared his throat before he continued speaking.

"Your professor called me, he said you were his best student. Care to show me what you can do?"

How could someone's lips be so perfect? Jeff thought. They were the optimal fullness, peaking into a totally flawless cupid's bow and their colour was the most mesmerizing shade of pink.

"Jeff?"

Shit, he'd been staring, for how long he didn't know.

"Hmm, yes sure I can show you"

Alan nodded, "Great, follow me, I've got a car in the soundproof room that could do with some tuning"

Jeff kept a safe distance behind Alan as they walked, he didn't want to risk stumbling and accidentally grabbing hold of his muscular arm, invoking another unwanted vision. As he walked behind him he realised he was in the direct flow of the Alpha's scent. It was wafting gently into his lungs with every inhale of oxygen and bringing back flashes of that first premonition. Jeff really struggled to suppress the desire to reach out and grab the Alpha as the sweet pine aroma ravaged his senses.

"Here we are"

Jeff followed Alan through the open door leading into the decent sized test room, one of the X-Hunter slogan wrapped race cars was sitting dead centre, patiently waiting for Jeff to work his magic. He looked around the room, the walls were lined with brown acoustic insulation, there was virtually no natural light due to the lack of windows, the only small amount coming from a single glass panel about a meter wide that led to the viewing room.

"So let's see what you got kid" Alan challenged, leaning one arm on the roof of the white car.

Jeff pulled his laptop out from his brown shoulder bag, discarding the bag on the floor as he opened the computer and rested it on the roof of the car. He could feel Alan's eyes burning into him as he worked, he didn't dare to look up in case he couldn't resist the urge to do something that he knew he shouldn't.

The men were silent, the only noise coming from the tap of Jeff's fingers as he hit the keys. He worked quickly but diligently, wanting to make a good impression but also not wanting to be alone with the Alpha any longer than necessary. Once he had finished running the appropriate programs and checking the data he turned to Alan.

"I'm done, you should see an increase in the achievable speed".

He closed his laptop as Alan walked around the car, eager to confirm Jeff's statement.

"Well, kid you really are as good as your professor claimed", Alan said, beaming a smile at Jeff as he climbed out of the car.

There were those adorable dimples again, he really needed to stop this guy from smiling so much.

"My name is Jeff, not kid"

That didn't work quite as well as Jeff had hoped, instead of being offended, for some reason Alan found Jeff's words hilarious. He broke out into raucous laughter, bringing his hand up to cover his mouth. Jeff really wished he was that hand.

"You are an unusual one, kid. So, when do you want to start, assuming that you do actually want to work here?"

The Alpha had walked over to stand in front of Jeff, it would only take one step for them to be face to face, for Jeff to be able to feel that warm breath on his lips, to be able to taste his smoky pine infused scent. He should run, he knew that was the sensible thing to do, to say no and turn and walk away, to never see this man again.

"I can start tomorrow"

There it was again, that heavenly smile spreading across the Alpha's handsome face.

"Fantastic. Time wise, I'm usually here early but I'm pretty flexible, so whatever time suits you is fine by me"

He reached out and patted Jeff's shoulder, the touch causing Jeff to hitch his breath slightly, which he hoped Alan hadn't heard.

He reluctantly shrugged away the touch, picked up his laptop and went to retrieve his bag from the floor.

"I'll be here by eight"

He walked out of the room without another glance back, afraid of what might happen if he stayed any longer.

Alan stood next to the racing car and watched in shock as the kid marched away, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"See you tomorrow kid"

<><><>

More to follow

Have a good day

CK