Crazy

What the heck just happened? That smile, the way he leaned in, was it Jeff's imagination?

He slammed the yellow locker shut, "Excited? Why would he ask that?" he said out loud, throwing the question out into the universe, hoping for, but not expecting an answer.

He thought about their interactions, their first meeting, the two unexpected moments of physical touch that had given Jeff a glimpse of their future together, the way Alan had looked at him. Jeff shook his head "No, it can't be".

Jeff wasn't experienced when it came to love, in fact he was a total rookie. The gift that had been bestowed upon him meant that getting close to anyone, physically and emotionally was too much of a risk. When he was younger, he'd tried, thinking that maybe he could lead a somewhat "normal" life, but he'd failed miserably. He wasn't able to control his visions, in any way, shape or form, so when a moment's touch led him to see a very upsetting and disturbing future, he had made the decision to live a lonely existence. That was until this Alpha had come crashing into his life, literally.

No, he was reading way too much into this, there was no possibility that Alan felt anything for him. It was all in Jeff's imagination, most likely a side effect of the brain fog that overtakes him every time he has a vision, and he'd had three with Alan already. He was confusing the real with the unreal, his Omega senses blurring the lines, making Jeff see something that wasn't there.

He pulled his overalls up to his waist, tying the sleeves around his abdomen, just like the Alpha did. He paused before he tightened the knot, shaking his head, "No" he said under a whispered breath, tugging the knot apart and shoving his arms inside both sleeves, zipping the front shut.

"You're here to work Jeff, nothing more, focus". Those were his final words to himself as he stood with his hand primed to push open the locker room door.

He quickly realised he'd been too confident, as soon as he stepped out into the workshop, his lungs were invaded by the sweet pine aroma, mixed with sweat and grease, a hint of tobacco today too, most likely coming from one of the other Alpha's in the room. Jeff could see him, bent over the engine of a white race car, his perfectly round behind an attractive silhouette against the pearly white metal.

"Here he comes" bellowed Babe as he climbed out of the car Alan was tinkering with.

Jeff bowed his head slightly and walked toward the two men, deliberately avoiding direct eye contact with Alan.

The garage owner smiled when he saw Jeff, those gorgeous dimples on display again, tugging at Jeff's insides.

"Hey kid, this is Babe, our long term champion racer and long term pain in my arse" Alan chuckled lightly at his own joke, Jeff did all he could to resist the urge to smile in return.

"So you're the kid I've heard all about huh?" Babe said. Leaning towards Jeff and lowering his voice to a whisper, "He talks about you a lot"

Evidently his whisper wasn't quiet enough as Alan quickly snapped back, "Oi, Babe. Cut it out" He turned to address Jeff, "Ignore him, he's just messing with you"

"Am I?" Babe winked at Jeff, laughing as he went back to his car.

Alan was clearly flustered, small exaggerated breaths leaving his mouth as he switched his gaze back and forth between Babe and Jeff.

"Oh, I've got something to show you," he said to Jeff, smiling. Jeff thought he sensed an air of nerves around him all of a sudden.

Babe's low mocking voice came from inside the car, "I bet you do"

"Babe!" Alan laughed anxiously, his cheeks turning slightly flushed. Jeff hadn't seen him like this before, and the thought that maybe Jeff made him nervous was adding fuel to the fire of his earlier imaginings.