ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟞 - ℙ𝕒𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕝

"Okay, which cup is the warmest?" asked Sora. 

I spun around on my butt, looking out for the tell-tale signs that helped me distinguish between the five cups  earlier this morning. Unfortunately, Sora intended to help (make) me become a master this aspect of my quirk. She had made the water increasingly similar in temperature. A couple of tries ago, we had gotten to the point where she brought out the thermometers to tell the few degrees Celsius difference.

Now that the visual factors had been deemed unhelpful again, I activated my quirk and reached out six feet in front of me to the cups on the floor. I concentrated hard, I was trying to estimate how much I would need to heat each of the cups to evaporate them.

The one that felt like it would take the least amount of time and energy to heat up was, "That one, in the middle." I felt confident. After doing this over and over again, I was getting good at telling the difference.

Sora followed my finger to the third cup. "Well done! I didn't think you were going to get that. There was only a difference of..." she double checked the thermometers, "3 degrees Celsius!"

"Fuck yeah! I'm actually going to be able to capture this guy! " I cheered. I threw my hands in the air and fell back from my crisscrossed position into a victorious spread eagle. "Can we get lunch now?"

"Sorry," she said regretfully through a smile, "but there's one more exercise to really fine tune your quirk before we go."

I lifted my head off the ground and looked at Sora past my nose. "Do we have to?" I almost pleaded. 

"I think it will be beneficial."

I sighed deeply through my nose and sat back up. "What's do I have to do?"

"You have to tell me the temperature of the water." explained Sora, " I'll let you have a couple degrees of wiggle room."

I just looked at her, who does she think I am. What did I do to deserve such torture? When did she begin to think that the absolute struggle in those previous exercises meant that I could be any more precise?

Time Skip

If the lines between my eyebrows were not visible before, they are now. The amount of concentration I put into Sora's training was probably greater than what put into any kind of exams. 

But I had learned how determine temperature relative to my own body temperature to a more or less accurate degree. 

Right now, I was finishing the pasta Sora had made sipping on my water. About 15 degrees Celsius. 

"Y/n!" called Tani's high pitched singsong voice. 

I turned my head to see Tani's head leaning into the kitchen. "Yeah?"

"After you finish up there, get your hero costume on, Matsui and I are taking you on patrol!"

Time Skip

Matsui, Tani and I walked down the streets of Hosu, where the calm buzz of people doing their daily errands or going out for lunch surrounded us. It wasn't effected by what happened on the other side of the city.  It was the perfect kind of day, the rays of sunshine warmed us while a gentle breeze blew the hair out of our faces. I was probably going to get a nice tan, but there would be a giant pale spot where my bandage covered my stitches.

Tani was visibly experiencing the effects of this pleasant atmosphere. He was swaying his head to imaginary music as we walked. His purple earrings reflected the sunlight. I found out before we left the Iron Fist agency that they were amethyst, which promoted tranquillity.