ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟙 - 𝕂𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕒 𝕚𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕃𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝔹𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙

"Pay up," I held out my hand looking expectantly at Yoshi-san. "You landed on my property again." 

"But I don't have any money!" he cried. "I don't even have any more properties to sell!

"So we agree I win?" I grinned, fanning myself with my wad of multicoloured monopoly money.

"Wait!" he shouted. "What if I give you the last cookie?" 

The offer was tempting but I shook my head. "Nope, I hunger for the sweet taste of victory."

Yoshi-san lowered his head in defeat. I felt a tiny bit bad because after hours of many different board games, I came out on top in almost all of them. 

I was well versed in the art of board games since I had Tamo-san as an opponent during the nights where neither of us could get to sleep. I never won against him so I was savouring this victory with a smile.

"How much longer do you think we're going to have to wait?" I asked. I stood up from my cross-legged position on the floor and started pacing to stretch my legs. 

Yoshi-san rose from the ground and pulled the curtains away from the window just enough so that I could see that the sky was significantly darker than when we arrived. "Do you hear the people from the busy section? They're getting noisier," he replied, "So we shouldn't have to wait here much longer."

"Okay, I am going to get some water to make sure I'm not dehydrated before we go in there," I said. 

I skipped into the kitchen with a plastic cup that Yoshi-san brought along with us. I filled up the cup, lowering the temperature for a refreshing gulp. As I was chugging my water, I was suddenly unbelievably happy. I couldn't help but smile widely and laugh. 

This must be the signal right?

My thoughts were proven correct because I heard Yoshi-san laugh and say, "It's time!"

I rushed to the door where he was waiting for me, the intense joy began to fade into a natural determination. 

"We go in, cause a distraction, get them out, and hopefully catch Kappa, right?" I double checked.

"Yes, we'll figure out what the distraction is when we get in the police station," continued Yoshi-san.

I nodded and followed after him as he walked towards tattered building. We climbed the short flight of stairs to the door. Yoshi-san peered through the window on the door, making sure the room inside was clear. 

"There doesn't seem to be anyone in there, can you sense anyone Tsunami?" he asked.

I held my hands out towards the door and search for any liquids. "I can't feel anyone in there but it feels like there a barrels on water in there. That'll mean I don't have to take moisture from the air to bend!" I reported.

"Let's head in then," Yoshi-san tried to open the door but it seemed to be locked. "Looks like I'll have to bring out some tools."

"You know how to pick locks?" I asked getting excited.

"Nope, I know how to cut glass," he replied. He reached into a pocket on his cargo trousers and pulled out a glass cutter, one that you would see spies use in the movies and it suctioned onto the window. 

Pressing it against the glass, he began turning the cutter. After a turning the tool for thirty seconds, he pulled the glass cutter away from the window with a circle of glass attached to the tool. He snaked his hand into the hole he created and something clicked at the door. He retracted his hand and pushed open the door.

"Silent and effective," said Yoshi-san. 

I nodded in agreement. 

I trudged into the dusty room after him. Planks of wood were resting on the floor, there were a few broken chairs lining the walls, full sections of walls had crumbled leaving rubble everywhere. I saw the barrels of water that I felt outside. There were five huddled together in the middle of the more or less empty room. I bended some water into sleeves of ice on my arms.