ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝔼𝕩𝕒𝕞

The time was here. Today was the day. It was the morning of the entrance exam. And I slept. 

"SHIT! MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF!" I screamed as I scrambled out of bed in a frenzy of bed hair and pyjamas that were quickly exchanged with a pair of high waisted leggings with a plain shirt on, not before a shit ton of deodorant was sprayed in the place of a shower that there was no time to have. 

"Tamo-san! I need a ride to the exam! I won't make it in time if I run!" I shouted banging on his door while tugging a brush through my hair. 

"You should already be away," said Tamo-san, opening his door, fully dressed with car key in his hand. "Get in the car.. After you brush your teeth," he said, scrunching his nose after getting a whiff of my morning breath.

"Yes sir!" I said and ran over to my room, into the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth so violently that I'm surprised they didn't shatter.

I spat out the foam, choking because I forgot to breath and sprinting down the stairs, jumping down the last flight completely in my rush.

I ran to the car where Tamo-san was somehow sitting, despite the short amount of time it took for me to do everything. I hopped in and to my surprise he immediately launched the car forward, barely giving me time to put my seatbelt on. 

On our way to the school, Tamo-san must have went over the speed limit at least seven different times. Almost hitting a poor old lady who didn't see us, had he not used his quirk to freeze her in place to prevent her from getting in the road of the car.

We reached the school and he slammed the breaks, throwing me into front window. 

"I haven't driven like that in twenty years!" panted Tamo-san. "Get in there and ace the exam brat."

"Thanks Tamo-san, don't worry I will," I replied, rubbing my cheek from the contact with the window.

I gave him a quick side hug (which he grumbled at but I knew he secretly liked) and rushed into the school. I made it to the ginormous hall that so many kids my age were all sitting. Just as I opened the door to the hall I heard the teacher... or hero! shout "Welcome to todays live performance!! Everybody say 'Hey!'"

No one said anything so I thought, fuck it. "HEY HEY HEY!"I shouted back at him, quoting my favourite Haikyuu! character.

"Thank you!" said the hero at the front. 

 I got some odd looks from people as I shuffled past them to reach my seat. 

"I'm here to present the guidelines of your practical!! Are you ready?!" shouted the hero, who I think I recognise as Present Mic. I respected him as a hero because he was always really up beat and didn't really hesitate to do anything. He made people feel safe, maybe uncomfortable with the volume, but safe.

'Wow, no one is stepping up to the task' I thought. "I SURE AM!!" I screamed, causing the people beside me to wince and cover their poor, weak eardrums.

He shot a smile in my direction and threw me a thumbs. I felt very proud of myself. Present Mic continued, "This is how the test will go, my listeners! You'll be experiencing ten-minute-long 'Mock Cityscape Manoeuvres!' Bring along whatever you want! After this presentation, you'll each head to your assigned testing location!! Okay?!"

"GOT IT!" I replied. It was like we were having our own little conversation with a load of nervous, sweaty eavesdroppers listening in.

"Each site is filled with three kinds of faux villains. Use your quirks to disable these faux villains and earn points! That is your goal listeners!!" said Present Mic, before adding "Of course playing the antihero and attacking other examinees is prohibited!!"