ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟

It's so cosy. It feels like I am sinking in a sea of soft, fluffy warmth. My body feels weightless, I am so relaxed.

My face feels like it's being rubbed my a wet towel, like one of those really fancy places. Whatever they've put the towel in it really smelly though. It's like a dog's breath.

...

Fuck.

My eyes shot open and staring into my soul was Max. He started wagging is tail once he saw that I was up and fully aware of what was going on. Yoshi-san wasn't lying about Max being able to open doors.

I reached out beside me in search of my phone. I found it underneath some pillows and checked the time.

06.58.

"Way too early for me," I mumbled to myself. I looked to Max who was still trying to lick my face. "Max! I thought you wanted cuddles, not kisses. I was open to giving you many hugs but I have boundaries! You are lucky you are so fucking cute - and a dog that doesn't understand what I'm saying because if you were a human boy I would have backhanded you out of this bed 20 seconds ago!" I scolded him. 

He looked at me and continued wagging his tail, nudging my hand with his nose for pats. 

"Come on let's go then Mr. Lord of Cuddles," I slid out from the warmth of the covers and trudged over to the bathroom. I lifted the handle and waited for the water to rise above freezing temperatures. 

I got a bit impatient and used my quirk to heat up the water a little. I cupped my hands under the stream and with the water collected, washed my face of dog spit. All the while Max looked up at me as if to say, 'why would you wash away my kisses?'

"Don't look at me like that. My face would start to smell like your breath if I didn't wash my face. You can't really blame me can you?" I told him.

  He did a full body shake (probably to wake himself up) and I took it as agreement.

After I finished up in the bathroom I went to the drawers and grabbed my costume case. When we had dinner last night, Yoshi-san told me to get straight into my hero costume. It's going to be a really busy day for, technically, my first day here. I pulled my locket from my neck and put it safely on the desk. Then I tried to make sense off how I packed away my costume since the last time I used it. 

Let's just say, organisation of personal belongings is not a strong point of mine.

After some untangling, I tied my jacket around my waist as I strolled down the corridor to the kitchen. Max matching my strides to the smell of pancakes.

"G'morning Yoshi-san and Sora!" I chirped at them as I walked in. 

They were over at the stove pouring more of the delicious mixture on the pan. Yoshi-san was in his hero costume. It was quite similar to Jirou's. Grey cargo trousers, with many pockets that I assume are filled with equipment to help with capture; A white thermal shirt; and a blue jacket with a fluffy collar, on the back was a navy silhouette of a fist. 

It didn't seem as though Sora had changed her outfit much. Although, since her job title was secretary, I don't think that includes doing hero work. Someone needs to keep the place running while everyone else is away.

 "How was your first night here Y/n?" asked Sora.

"Really comfortable, and I see what you mean about Max and his doors. My own personal alarm clock here," I laughed. I crouched down to Max's height and began giving him many pats.

"Yes, he seems to know the schedule too," chuckled Yoshi-san. "Why don't you sit down at the table and we can brief you over breakfast."

"Got it," I said.