ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟞 - ℂ𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕤

The arena started to fill up with the other students that made it through to the next round. When I was had caught my breath I stood up right on time for Midnight to start talking.

"The first game for the first years are finally over, and what a game is was! Now let's take a look at the final standings, shall we?" she said.

Up on the screens across the arena, music started blasting and our picture with our corresponding places flashed on the screen in order of first to last place. I only paid attention to the ones I care about.

Me in 2nd place.

Bakugo in 4th place. Who's beating who now punk? 

Kiri in 10th. Yes! I knew you could do it Kiri!

Mina in 19th. Let's go! We all made it! 

"Only the top forty-two will advance to the next round, but don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut. We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine," said Midnight, she licked her lips. What the fuck is she planning.

(If you are wondering, Ojiro didn't make the cut.)

"Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight. Give it your best!" she motioned to the screen behind her, which started flashing the next round's possibilities just like at the start. "Let's see what we have in store for you now! Will your wildest fantasies come to life? Oh what could it be? The waiting is torture! Prepare yourselves, for this!"

The screen stopped on Cavalry battle. My head immediately turned to try and find Mina and Kiri within the crowd but Midnight continued talking.

"Allow me to explain," the screen behind her showed an example of what a team could look like. Although, I don't under stand how that would be a functional team because All Might was in it and all he cares about is making his stupid self look good. But hey, they did say to move ourselves into the limelight. "The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same a regular playground game, but there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a points value based on the results from the obstacle course."

"I get it, a point based system like the entrance exams."

"That seems pretty simple."

"So that means each team will have a different point value based on which students are in it."

"Uh huh!"

"Maybe you should shut up and let me explain things to you!" shouted Midnight. She continued, noticeably more calmly, "Now, the point assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd place is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten." The screen now displayed the leader board. I looked at the value of second place. 205 points, excellent. "And the point value assigned to first place is... Ten Million!"

I was in shock. I am sort of relieved I didn't overtake Midoriya. I don't have to deal with everyone attacking me. The only thing is, I want those points to guarantee my place in the next round, but so will everyone else. I guess I have to destroy them all.

I also learned from Midnight that 205+5=10,000,000.

"That's right, it's survival of the fittest with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!" declared Midnight. "Those of you at the top will suffer the most, of course that's something you'll hear over and over again at UA. Show us what Plus Ultra means. Izuku Midoriya placed first in the qualifiers. He'll be worth ten million."

What a waste. I turned to glare at him, showing my obvious dominance. It didn't work very well, everyone else decided to do the same thing. It scared the shit out of him so I'm not complaining.