ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟝 - ℍ𝕖𝕣𝕠 ℕ𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤

I left as soon as the presentation was over. Tamo-san was waiting in the car for me, I got in silently. 

I did not want to be in that car, the awkward silence was unbearable. To add to the palpable tension in the car, there was a jam from all the departing people. 

The many, many people. So many. Why the fuck are there so many people?

"You walked out of the ring," said Tamo-san.

"Mhm," I hummed in reluctant reply.

"Why would you do that?" he asked.

"I was hungry," I lied. The only way he would know that he was right would be over my dead body. If he found out he was right I would never hear the end of it. I don't need that right now.

"You cost yourself the first place position because you were hungry?" he recited back to me questioningly. 

"Super hungry," I agreed.

We had made next to no progress in the jam. It was so uncomfortable, I wanted to curl up into a little ball in the back seat next to the tea hat. I could collapse into myself and form a black hole that would engulf all the tension. 

Time Skip 

It took us more the than twice the amount of time it would usually take us to arrive back home than it normally did. As soon as Tamo-san parked the car I was half way to my room. 

"Get cleaned up!" Tamo-san ordered.

I made a noise back to him to acknowledge what he said. I was probably going to lay on my floor for half an hour playing games to try and forget about today. 

And that I did - or at least tried to do - Tamo-san disturbed me and forced me to go shower while he shuffled around downstairs. 

Even after today, the warmth of the water was comforting. It felt like my entire body was taking a sigh of relief from what felt like two months but, in reality, was only a day. My body melted into a state of relaxation from feeling the water surround me.

When I felt the cool air hit my skin I was quick to dress in my fluffiest pyjamas. A delicious smell was wafting up to me from the kitchen so I went downstairs to locate the source. 

I arrived in the kitchen just in time to see Tamo-san placing the last plate on the very packed table. 

"What's this?" I asked suspiciously.

"You said you were hungry, so I made food," said Tamo-san. "Sit."

I sat in the spot I had designated for myself five years ago. Tamo-san sat across from me. I saw that he had made all of my favourite foods and smiled. 

"Thank you," I said.

"Your welcome, brat," he replied.

Time Skip

"Why the fuck were people talking to me today?" I asked Mina as soon as I got into the classroom.

"I mean, you did come second in the sports festival, or did you forget?" replied Mina.

"Oh yeah, that happened," I recalled. "I guess that would make people recognise a few of us.

"Yeah. Great job, by the way. It was super cool how you kicked Bakugo in the face. But I don't know what tactic you were trying to use when you walked out of the ring," said Mina.

"Thanks, but it wasn't a tactic. I just didn't want to fight anymore. I think I have taken a more peaceful outlook on life," I said very wisely if I do say so myself.