Chapter 42: Tell-all

Jason Stallone|28

"Babe, from weh day mi nuh hear yah talk to such man dem pan the phone

"Babe, from weh day mi nuh hear yah talk to such man dem pan the phone. A wah gwan." Nars questioned from the kitchen.

Looking up at her from the island where I was sitting, I raised my eyebrows in confusion as to why she would ask.

"Nothing, mi and dem just gave different schedules nowadays. Why yuh ask?"

"Just curious, that's all." She shrugged, as she kept stirring the jug of soursop juice.

"Why you and dem did fall out weh day?" She questioned again.

"It was over nothing. Just some dumb shit." I shrugged.

"Just some dumb shit huh?" She chuckled.

Looking over at me she smiled sweetly, the shook her head.

"So I'm not the reason why y'all stopped talking?" She questioned out of the blues.

Weh this a come from?

"No, you're not." I sighed not looking at her.

"Ohk." She said, drawing out her words.

"Dinner soon ready, gwan go put on a shirt and come."

"Alright miss ma'am." I smiled, getting up.

As I walked to the bedroom, I couldn't help but feel a burden on my shoulders. First her father tell mi the secret of a lifetime and now mi a tell her lie right through mi teeth.

Mi feel like mi a do everything that I promised her I wouldn't, the first two being lying and keeping things away from her.

"Only thing leff fi mi do a cheat." I mumbled as I went onto my closet for a shirt.

Not that I would ever do it though, but the rate at which everything a gwan, I can't even predict the fact that I won't.

"Need fi start act right." I said to myself as I took a shirt off the hanger.

Pulling the shirt over my head, I walked out of the closet and put my hands through the arm holes as I made my way back to the kitchen.

"Think a live yuh did go live." I heard her laugh as I walked in.

"Mi never stay that long." I laughed walking into the kitchen.

"The food done share, so that was long."

Taking up the two plates, I walked over to the dining room and placed them side by side.