Chapter 9: Priorities

Mateo "Steven" Hudson|27

"Mumz yuh can bathe Tay so mi can gwan look after breakfast?" I asked looking through the fridge for the eggs and bacon

Weh she keep them?

"Yh I'll do that,and just so you know the eggs are on the bottom shelf and the bacon is in the freezer." She chuckled while walking off. Looking where she told me I saw them.

Oh.

After I got the items from the fridge, I took a pot from the cupboard,put it on the burner and lit the stove.

Alright mi a do good suh far. Just a pray mi nuh burn down the house.

While the pot was heating up,I cracked the eggs and mixed it with salt and cheese just like how Tay liked it.

next step.

As I moved over to pour the eggs into the pot mi realize seh mi mess up.

"Nuh oil nuh inna the fucking pot." hissed putting down the eggs and walked to the pantry for the it.

After mi get the oil mi pour it inna the pot and waited for it to heat up. After it did I poured in the eggs slowly,then took up a spatula to scramble them.

"Mi think mi a get the hang of this." I laughed to myself as I continued to cook Tay's breakfast.

20 minutes later

"Tay eat up and stop the playing." My mom fussed trying to get him to eat.

"A bwoy behave yuh self and listen to grandma or else mi nah bring yuh back over here." I scolded moving the phone from my ears.

And just like that him straighten up.

"Hello Mr. Hudson you still here?"

"Yes I'm still here." I announced to the person on the line.

"OK so just so we're clear, you'll like to baby proof your entire 3 bedroom home, am I correct."

"Yes." I answered annoyed.

How many times she ago ask mi the same question?

"OK sir,our personnel will be on the property by 12 noon,please look out for us."

"No problem, I'll alert the security of your visit."