Chapter 10: Fend

Mateo "Steven" Hudson|27

"Look here Mateo,first of all I didn't want any kids, Tay was a mistake and you know it

"Look here Mateo,first of all I didn't want any kids, Tay was a mistake and you know it."

That's what she said plain and straight,her voice didn't crack and she certainly didn't look like she regret saying it at the moment. That's how she felt and who am I to tell her how to feel,
but calling my kid a mistake, fuck, she really went overboard.

Without arguing with her,I just took my son and left. There was absolutely no point in arguing anyways she said everything in that one intrusive thought that she let slip,and if my son is a mistake to her I'm sure she won't mind not seeing him again.

Walking to the elevator I clicked the bottom and went down to the last floor where the front door and receptionist area was.

Initially the plan was to let Sydney live here so she had someplace nice to have Tay whenever he visited, but right now mi just nuh care so she deh pan her own.

"Hey Jessica." I greeted the receptionist as I walked over.

"Oh, Mr. Hudson it's so nice to see you." She smiled looking up from under her glasses.

Younger me woulda hit no cap.

"It's nice to see you too,Tay say hi."

"Hiiii." He said aloud looking at her.

"Hello Tay Tay how are you?"

"I'm fine." He said shyly.

Chuckling at their encounter I looked over at her and finally said what I came here for.

"I'd like to withdraw my card from the penthouse billings,but before you do so I'll like to pay down on 5 months rent in advance." I said aloud.

She then looked up at me shocked.

"Are you sure sir,I mean after 5 months you'll be giving an eviction notice." She warned.

"Yes I'm sure, I've come to the decision that it's time to seek some place more permanent for my family."

For my family, as in me and Tay.

"OK and does Ms. Lawrence know about this?" She inquired.

When the building manager sends her the memo she will.

"Yes actually She was the one who made it all happen." I smiled looking at her.

"OK she smiled,I'll just need to swipe your card one last time and then allow you to remove your banking information from the system."

"OK."

Putting Tay down to stand, I took out my wallet from my pocket and gave her my black card,after she swiped it I put it back and waited for her to do what she needed to do.