Chapter 15: Regrets

Sydney Lawrence|27

It's been a week since Mateo took his and Tay's stuff

It's been a week since Mateo took his and Tay's stuff. At first the breakup didn't affect me much because I had already had a man to move on with,but sitting here now in my almost empty 3 bedroom penthouse suite is really making me reconsider my choices.

And to make matters worse, I won't be living here for much longer because he withdrew his black card from the system.

In layman's terms,in the next 5 months I could be homeless.

I didn't think Mateo could get this petty,but I don't blame him. We are no longer together and I basically bad mouthed my child and called him a mistake,so why should he go out of his way to take care of me?

"I deserve all of this." I sighed looking around at my empty home.

"Atleast he wasn't petty enough to take the furniture." I thought to myself.

Sitting in the sofa,I began rethinking everything.

Why did I make the decision to lose my family just to sleep with a rich man?

Mateo is rich,he took care of me and he made sure that I had everything that I need and more and still I couldn't satisfy. I mean yes he worked alot and behaved harsh to me at times,but my actions were the result of his behavior. I spent alot of his money hence why he had to work so much to make it back,so that I could continue spending. And I behaved as if I was stupid at times which really made him mad,but even when me was mad he still made sure that I was OK.

How could I have thrown all that away for someone else,someone that I don't even see my future with.

At first I blamed Jessica and Nicole,but in all honesty they did give me a choice, and I chose to fuck up my family.

Yes Derrick is rich and all but he has no personality, he doesn't make me laugh he just doesn't make me happy like Mateo did. I didn't see it at first because I was blinded by his flashy cars and big houses, but after spending a couple day with him and going to one party often the other,I realized that there will never be any stability with us. All he does is party and I don't want that anymore.

"Then nuh same thing yuh did do with Mateo." The voice in my head scolded me.

And it was indeed correct, but I'm not the same person that I was a week ago. These chain of events have really changed me ,but it's too late. I've already lost everything so my best option now is to continue on the journey that I ruined my family for.

Getting up from the sofa, I walked into my room to call Derrick.

I already lost everything to be with him,might as well stay and try to enjoy it.

After I dialed his number I waited on him to answer, but it just rang out to voice mail.

Moving the phone from my ears,I hung up and called again, but I kept on getting the same thing.

Me.
Hey are you busy?

After sent that message I waited for him to answer, but after 5 minutes I was still left on delivered.

Just as I was about to give up I got a message from him.

💸💰
Hey baby,I'm busy at the moment. I'll be sure to call you back when I can.

Me.
OK, what exactly are you doing?

After I sent that he didn't respond.

"Maybe he's really busy." I shrugged resting my phone on the night stand.

Deciding to wait until he text me back like he said,I started walking out the room to go into the living room to watch tv.

Just as I was about to walk out my phone vibrated and as I walked back in to pick it up I realized that I got some messages from Nicole.

Hissing my teeth I just clicked on her contact and blocked her.

"I should have listened to Mateo and do that a long time ago." I mumbled walking to the living room with my phone in hand.

As I sat in the settee with my phone,I decided to start scrolling through my contacts and as I did I started blocking and deleting.

I've been acting a fool with these people for way too long and it took losing my family to realize that. But yuh see from now mi ago start over mi life.

And this is the first step.