Chapter 26: Christmas Eve

Jason Stallone|28

"Oh Christmas eve oh Christmas eve oh how I love you Christmas eve

"Oh Christmas eve oh Christmas eve oh how I love you Christmas eve. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah." Nars sang in the distance as I texted Sanjay some instructions as to when he should deliver the car tomorrow.

After I bought it I had Willy drive it to the warehouse for safe keeping.

"Jason I got an early Christmas gift for you." I heard Nars say.

Putting down my phone I relaxed in the settee as I watched her go down to the hallway to our room for something.

Mi have to find a way to convince her to move in.

Couple minutes after she come back.

"Here we gooooo." She smiled as she walked over to me.

"Open it."

Nah lie the way how she did a smile hard mek mi fraid. Hesitantly taking the perfectly wrapped box from her. I watched as she skipped back into the room and closed the door.

Weh she up to?

As I tore the wrapping of the gift I opened the box which revealed a Christmas color shorts and a matching shirt.

Oh fuck, not this corny shit.

Throwing the box on the ground I held up the shirt and sighed looking at it.

"Tada." Nars said as she opened the door. As I looked up at her I saw her standing in the door frame in the same matching outfit smiling like a mad person.

"Mi nah put it on." I frowned getting up from the settee.

"Why?" She questioned as her happy demeanor faded upon my disapproval.

"Because dem something yah a fi likkle pickney."

After I said that I didn't hear her usual banter when she wanted me to do something that I disapproved of. Looking over at her she just stood their solemn and quiet.

"It's fine." She finally said breaking the silence as she went back to the room.

"See it deh relationship done." The voice in my head laughed as I sat there thinking about what just happened.

A couple minutes later she came back out of the room wearing the clothes that she had on before.

"B we can talk?" I questioned watching her as she walked to the kitchen.

Not even look she nuh look pan me.

Mur.

After that she came back out with a bottle of wine and a glass filled with the red liquid in her hand. Not saying a word to me she placed the wine on the center table and grabbed the remote to watch tv.