Chapter 32: Falling-outs

Mateo "Steven" Hudson|27

Sitting in the living room I just listened as my mom and Sydney had the time of their lives

Sitting in the living room I just listened as my mom and Sydney had the time of their lives. Ever since my mom told her where I relocated she keeps coming everyday to check on Tay, that's always her excuse. I can see that she's trying to change ,but I can't help but second guess that something else is going on.
She had never been this involved when we were together.

I mean why the sudden change, you fucked everything up so why are you playing the victim and acting all interested now?

I've come to the realization that my mom is warming up to her, which is a good thing since she always wanted to get to know her,but it also means that I'll have to see her more often than I want to.

Shifting my senses from the two women that would always be in my life, I looked to my son who was having the time of his life with a toy car that I bought him for Christmas.

Out of his many gifts, it's the only one that he played with for more than 5 minutes

I truly believe that the attention span of a kid should be studied.

"So yuh nah get ready fi gah the party?" My mom asked as she headed towards me.

How she know bout that?

"What party?" I questioned.

"Listen bwoy don't play wid me,I heard you on the phone last night with kevin and you said that you would think about going to a New year party today."

"So yah fass inna mi business now?" I asked pulling by brows together.

"Ago need yuh fi go home tomorrow, yah pree me too much."

Laughing at my remark, she shook her head and moved to sit beside me.

"Mateo, you need to get out of this house. You're a young man, you need to go out and have some fun."

"I'm perfectly fine,if I want to have fun I'll just borrow Tay car and move around." I laughed looking at him.

Sighing, she took my hand and used the other to turn my head in her direction.