Chapter 6: Layaway

Nars Walters|25

Looking over my notes I can honestly say that I had a big idea

Looking over my notes I can honestly say that I had a big idea. I know that setting it up won't be easy but it's worth the try.

I think it's time to call Mr. Hudson, I know it's late but he did say whenever you figure something out call me so here I am, going to call him....

Putting down my book,I grabbed my handbag and looked for his business card. After I found it I grabbed my phone and dialed the number.

"Hello." I heard him on the other end.

"Oh hey it's me Nars Walters, I was just calling you to let you know that I came up with an idea." I said trying to be confident.

"Hey Ms. Walter's,um about that I'll have to get back to you another time,things are kinda hectic at the moment, but my assistant will call you if anything changes." He said before abruptly hanging up.

Well that was rude.

Deciding to leave it for later like he said I put my book back inside my bedside table and walked to the living room where Jason was.

"A wah yuh wah mi tuck yuh in?" He laughed looking up from the tv.

"No silly, I just need some company." I smiled walking over to sit beside him.

As I sat down he came closer to me putting his arm around my waist and dragging me into his body.

I'm not gonna lie,it was comfortable as fuck.

"Mi body warm and comfortable, don't?" He asked, smirking.

"No yuh tuff and cold." I laughed trying to get out of his embrace, but he was stronger than me so it was an instant fail.

As we sat there watching the tv, I tried to block out the disappointment that I felt after my conversation with Steven but it was too overwhelming. I really thought that this was an opportunity to get my life somewhere, but I guess I got excited too early.

"Wah wrong wid yuh?" Jason questioned turning down the volume.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

Sighing he turned off the TV and focused on me. "A while ago yuh go inna the room well excited fi do God knows what and yuh come out vex,something do yuh."

"It's nothing."

"Nars just talk nuh man,how yuh love keep up things unna yuh big head so?" He questioned palming my forehead.

Swatting his hand away I hesitated before I began opening up.

"It's just that I was really looking forward to something that could possibly change my life and there's a 50% chance that it's not gonna happen." I voiced disappointed.