Chapter 5: Awakening

Nars Walters|25

"Girl yuh really out do yourself with this

"Girl yuh really out do yourself with this." I said to queen as I played with the ends of my hair.

"You said that you wanted something different so there you go." She smiled looking at me.

"I look like a big woman fi the first time in my life."

"Frl yuh did have a baby face." Queen laughed as she cleaned up the shop.

After I was done admiring myself I called Jason to tell him to come and pick me up. I've been here since 3:30 and it's now 7. This hairstyle took longer than expected, but it was worth it.

"Hello." Jason said on the other end.

"Mi deh a hairdresser, come pick mi up."

"Which hairdresser?" He asked, amused.

Dah bwoy yah mn.

"The same one weh mi a go since mi move come yah."

As he laughed on the other end I listened annoyed until he finally spoke. "Yuh know mi just a ruffle yuh feathers soon come. He said as he hung up.

"So somebody a come pick yuh up?" Queen asked, smirking.

Yuh should a name miss nosy.

"No, it's just Jason coming to pick mi up." I replied, trying not to smile.

"So you and Jason a thing, I thought he was with Cameron?" She questioned.

"No we're not together, he's just staying with me because he and her broke up."

"Ohhhk." She nodded intrigued.

"Anyways, how is your husband and the kids?"

"Dem good ino, junior and Janice a start school next year January." She smiled.

Queen has twins,a boy and a girl to be exact and I don't know how she does it,because just thinking about having one kid is stressful, much less two being the same age at once.

"My husband makes it easier for me,he cooks and stuff before I get home so everything nah go tumbled dung pan mi like old house." She laughed.

"So you're not interested in anyone?" She asked, looking at me.

"No,I haven't seen anyone that caught my eye." I sighed.