Chapter 29: Under Wraps

Derrick Sutherland|28

"Daddy, Daddy wake up it's Christmas

"Daddy, Daddy wake up it's Christmas." My kids screamed as they jumped on the bed.

"And it's also their birthday." My wife mouthed from the door way before walking away.

How could I forget.

"OK guys,close your eyes for two minutes." I smiled as I got up tiredly from the bed.

Walking over to my suitcase I removed the clothes from on top of their gifts and took them up.

"OK open." I said aloud looking at them.

"What do you have for us Daddy?" The twins asked curiously looking at my hands behind my back.

"I bear gifts." I laughed walking over to them.

"But first you have to spell your names and your age, just so I can know that you deserve them."

Groaning in frustration my son flopped himself on the bed before he started.

"W-I-L-L-I-A-M S-U-T-H-E-R-L-A-N-D." He said boredly.

"Now what age are you today? I asked taking his gift from behind my back.

"I am four he giggled as he sat up looking at me. So did I do good?"

"Yes you did." I smiled handing him his gift.

"Don't open it as yet,baby girl is yet to spell her name." I chuckled looking over at my daughter.

"Dad do I have to?" She whined in her thick British accent.

Kinda sounds like pepper pig.

"Yes you do, I want to know if y'all are as smart as me when I was your age."

"Now come on your brother and I will help along the way."

"OK." She said hesitantly before she began.

"W--I-N-N-O-N-A S-U-T---H-E-R-L-A-N-D." She stuttered for a while, but she spelt it correctly so I can't penalize her for it.

"Yayy see you did it. Now how old are you?."

"Four." She said proudly holding out her hand for her gift.

When I come back from Jamaica I always buy them hand crafted stuff, they seem to love them so I always buy them.

"Let me see what you got." the twins fussed as they swapped presents.

After they admired each other's gifts they turned to me quizzically.

"Dad can we please go to Jamaica for our next birthday?" William questioned.

"Yh please." Winnona begged.

"I'll think about it." I reasurred getting up to get ready for the day.

Leaving them be, I took up my phone from the night stand went into the bathroom to freshen up.

Closing the door behind me I turned on my phone and the first thing that popped up was Sydney's name.

I haven't spoken to her since the morning of my departure and I know that I promised her that I would call,but my wife has been on my back since I arrived here and I don't want her waving any suspicions.

So for now I'll just have to do what's best for me, and that's blocking her for the moment.

Neva wah dweet stills, but as I said before.

"What happens in Jamaica, stays in Jamaica." I mumbled as I blocked her number.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How are y'all liking Derrick's Pov?

Comment your thoughts.
See you in the next chapter.