Chapter 38: Off day

Nars Walters|25

Waking up I groaned in discomfort as I gently rubbed my sore eyes

"Don't rub them, it will make the swelling worse." I heard Jason say.

"They itch so badly though." I whined, as I continued to rub them slowly.

"Stop rubbing them, I'll go into the medicine cabinet to look for something to make you better." He said, getting up and leaving the room.

After Jason left the room I looked around and saw that my mother's picture wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Getting panicked I got up and started searching around like a maniac trying to find it.

"Where is she?" I cried, getting frustrated.

As I kept searching I realized that it was not in the room.

"Where is it?" I sobbed dropping to the floor.

As I sat there crying I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulder.

"You're gonna make your eyes more sore." Jason whispered, lifting my head up.

"Where is she?" I questioned, ignoring  his comment.

"She's gone." He said lowly kissing my cheek.

"But I don't want her to go away."

"Baby, She's been gone for a long time." He sighed getting up and lifting me up in the process.

As he carried me over to the bed, I closed my eyes not wanting to face the reality of the matter.

"Keep your eyes closed so I can rub on the ointment."

As he rubbed it on, I hissed at the burning sensation as it made an impact on my skin.

"That hurts." I hissed trying to keep my eyes closed.

"It will stop the itching." He said lowly, kissing my lips.

Allowing him to rub it on, I sat still withholding the pain until he was done.

"You can open yuh eye dem now." He said a short while after.

"Did my grandmother tell you to use that?" I questioned opening my eyes.

"No, I just took it from the medicine cabinet, I've had it for a while now." He said closing the lid on the ointment.

"OK."

"What time we leaving Portland? Remember I have work in the morning." I said lying back down.

"Nars, we left Portland this morning, were currently home." Jason said worriedly.