Chapter 39: Back to Reality

Nars Walters|25

Standing in front of the mirror, I moved my hand over my blazer to smooth out the little wrinkles that escaped the iron

Today is my first day back at work since the year has started and I don't know how to feel. I'm overwhelmed and tired already and I haven't even left the house.

"Earth to Nars." Jason said, as he carried my breakfast into the room.

Taking one last glance at myself I sat on the bed as he placed the tray in my lap.

"You sure yuh feel well enough fi go work, cause mi can call in and tell dem seh yuh nah come." He said, as he sat beside me.

"No, I'm fine."

"You sure, cause yuh kinda look shaky."

"Yes, I'm sure Jason." I said before taking a bite of my French toast.

Yummy.

"This is your best batch yet." I mumbled with my mouth full, while cutting a piece to feed him.

Putting the fork to his lips he opened his mouth and took the food between his teeth, then licked the excess syrup off his lips.

I don't know why that was a turn on,but it was.

Quickly looking away, I chewed faster so I could hurry up and leave this house before my hormones took over.

"Mhmm. They definitely are." He moaned in agreement.

"Self control Narsie, self control." I kept repeating in my head as I ate.

"So after work yah fawwud back a my place or yah go home?" He questioned getting up.

"Home." I said before stuffing my mouth with more food.

"Why?" He asked, annoyed.

With my mouth stuffed, I quickly chewed so I could answer.

"Because, I barely have any work clothes here and I need to go home to get some more."

Sighing like a spoiled child he slouched his shoulders and pouted.

"Just remember fi call mi when you reach home."

"I will." I reassured taking the final bite of my breakfast.

"Well mi ago bathe now, yuh wah nothing before yuh leff?" He said taking off his shirt.

"Some sex wouldn't hurt." I mumbled getting up.

"Weh yuh seh awhile ago?"

"Nothing, just a mumble nonsense to mi self." I lied, as I walked out the room.

A little something before I leave for work wouldn't be so bad, but knowing how Jason love touch mi hair and dem thing deh mi goodly go work pan mi first day looking like a mad woman.