Ch. 27 Maximum OVERDRIVE!

===========================

Mihra: I figured out why they're so strange. The weapons they're using are sacred treasures like yours. But these have so much essence, they've managed to manifest physical bodies.

WAIT, YOU SAYING THESE THANGS AINT EVEN HUMAN?!

Mihra: Correct. These two are merely puppets. What we're fighting are the actual weapons themselves, manifested into beings.

Pier: Smart chick. Does you no good though. Especially working with that idiot.

WHO YOU CALLING AN IDIOT?!

Mihra: Thats not all. Their essence is familiar. I've seen it before.

Rye: It seems we've been had. There's no reason to hold back now, Pier.

Pier: Yeah yeah. Guess so. Time to finish this.

Rye: Two on two just will not work.

Pier: So, let's even it up shall we?!?!

The two began to multiply themselves until twenty entities stood before Yusuke & Mihra.

Mihra: Yusuke, their essence is still centered within the original weapons.

"GOT IT. I CAN'T SEE THAT STUFF LIKE YOU, SO I GUESS I'LL WACK AWAY UNTIL I FIND THE MOLE!"

Mihra: The real ones are dead center. They've made a barricade of clones around themselves. We aim for the middle!

Mihra charged her fists with energy and sigils gleamed from her forearm.

Mihra: 16 Moons should do it...NOW URANUS!!

Mihra struck the entities simultaneously and they each evaporated and returned to the originals until only two clones remained. With both blades, Yusuke charged toward all four entities, continuing the assault. Before they could recover two waves of essence struck them once more. They regained themselves quickly and managed to counter Yusuke's incoming blows. But With incredible speeds, the samurai simultaneously parried the blows of the four swordsmen.

Mihra: ONE MORE!

She exhaled and then examined her targets as they bounced about the large corridor.

Mihra: Those clones are just as strong as the originals. Yusukes keeping up, he's pretty good. I still can't shake why I feel this...this...sadness. Maybe just fatigue. Get to work!

Mihra slapped both sides of her face with her hands then proceeded her advance. The seals on her wrist illuminated in a ruby hue. She pointed one hand at Yusuke as he fought off the clones, and with the other, four tiny spheres of wind begin to form within her palm. With rapid speeds the spheres grew to the size of soccer balls, continuing to increase in size. Energy gathered around the hand aimed at Yusuke, and a whip-like aura materialized from it.

ACQIO!!

The whip shot out at Yusuke, grabbing him around the waist and pulling him back towards Mihra.

Mihra: Now DISAPPEAR, IMPACT ERIS: FOUR WINDS!

She hurled the spheres of wind which had now grown to a massive size, at the entities. They wisped past Yusuke and darted toward their targets. On impact, the clones dissipated leaving only the originals. They hunched over their weapons huffing of exhaustion after receiving Mihra's last onslaught.

Rye: The girl's presence disrupts our essence.

Pier: Yeah. She sliced through our decoys like butter. That's not regular. And she kinda smells familiar.