Ch. 17 Kad's Black Moon

This hadn't been the first time Jai had been separated from his companions, but this occasion was definitely odd

This hadn't been the first time Jai had been separated from his companions, but this occasion was definitely odd. Most places they'd been stranded were desolate, remote, or just not fun. District Black on the other hand was a different beast entirely. It was a gamblers paradise, full of liquor and decadent foods to boast. Though he was separated from his friends, at least the atmosphere was pleasant enough to not hate life.

Jai: Eh. Could be worse places. We all headed to the same spot at least. Place is a circus though.

He strolled through the land gazing and studying every inch, the sultry and "PG". There was a waterfall that flowed upward, which emptied into a pool on the roof of one of the structures. Inside were water nymphs. He could smell them from where he was standing.

Further down lay a replica of the Platamon, a castle in Olympus said to hold a grand treasure to whomever can defeat it's kings. The replica was swarmed by patrons entering the dungeons of the castle to challenge demons and ghouls in a mock quest for whatever forsaken prize the House had left to them.

He even caught a glimpse in the distance of a Valhallan statue, which was probably the most authentic, yet whimsical, piece there. He had heard a rumor once that it was stolen by a Valkyrie who was unfitting of the title. It was a statue of the first who ever held the position and the thief took it as a last insult to those who cast her aside. He didn't know how it ended io there of all places. But it wasn't a fake like the others, he could feel the outer-worldly essence seeping from it. He walked closer to it, almost in a daze, like a wolf matching towards the full moon.

"Watch it Mutt!"

And then, there was that. "Mutt". A name he'd developed a love hate relationship for, depending on the wielder. He didn't mind it mostly because of his disposition, but what he did take offense to, were those that used it to shame his lineage, half God half mortal. The latter, being the one he took the most pride in.

Jai: Sorry about that. Wasn't watching where I was going. Hey you happen to know where—

"Aye mutt! What part of 'fuck out my way' don't you get?!"

Jai: (Stay on task, don't let it bother you) Right, out your way. Got it. Wait is that- Yo Mahl!

Out of the corner of his eye, pinned against the wall was Mahl. He was being groped by a rather elderly-looking woman.

Elderly Woman: Give it to me! Give me the Midas Seed!

She grasped his crotch with her hand and began felling about.

Jai: Shit. Didn't think that'd be his type. Should probably break that up before he develops a fetish.

Elderly Woman: Give it to me!!

Jai: Hey! Heyyy! Shoo! Aye!! Get away from him. Gone, git!!

Jai flailed his limbs awkwardly while holding back laughter.