Ch. 12 Battle Against the Beast

The towering spirit stood hunched over from the onslaught of the four maidens

The towering spirit stood hunched over from the onslaught of the four maidens. It huffed with exhaustion.

Shadow: You wretched witches! I was going to use the remaining spirits as my legion. But, I see no point in sparring allies if it leads to the demise of my materialization.

The shadow rose and lifted its arms. Below them, more spirits began to rise from the ground at an increased rate. They floated up and then merged with the larger spirit, all assimilating to him. A frigid breeze rushed through them as the phantoms passed through and by them. This continued until most of the spirits had disappeared into the Shadow, now making his features more defined. The figure now stood with a visible smirk on his blacked face. Its sharp, bright white teeth being its only distinguishing feature.

Shadow: Ah yes. Here we are. Much better now—Hmm? What was that just now?

The shadow felt himself once over puzzled and continued.

Shadow: Very well. Time to finish this. You four are very gifted, I shall have you as my wives when I assume my rule of this place! Now, how about I give you a dose of your own hospitality?!

He spread his wide mouth, opening his sharp teeth. A black sphere began forming from it. As it grew, it pulsed with an electrifying aura—a portion of the pain S'Rye had inflicted no doubt. He targeted the four floating witches. Mihra hung one-handed from the back of Sabine's broom. They floated midair next to S'Rye, who was standing on her broom. Ballah floated broomless midair with a feline-shaped red aura surrounding her.

Sabine: He absorbed the remaining spirits.

S'Rye: Seems pretty pissed. That thing's big. Don't know if we can take it head on. Can you deflect it Sabine?

Sabine: If he's siphoning Sy, it'll cut through whatever I put up.

S'Rye: It's coming. Brace yourselves!

The phantom released the massive ball of darkness, sending it flying towards its targets. The night air hissed and sizzled as the sphere sliced through it. It shredded the wind like tissue paper gaining greater speed the closer it approached. But before it could impact its targets, it was halted by a dense wall of golden sand. It pressed against the wall increasing its speed and rotation attempting to bore a hole through. It cracked and popped while the wall held strong. When the wall began showing signs of cracking it gave way then morphed into a wide-mouthed sand monster, which gobbled it whole. Standing atop of the sand beast was Mahl.

S'Rye: Oh look, the Pretty Prince finally decided to grace us. Sorry to interrupt your beauty sleep.

Mahl: Came as fast as I could. Those things were all over the city. You feel that Mihr?

Mihra: I do.

S'Rye: That Pokémon of yours come with a special move? We could really use one.

Mahl: Unfortunately no. It's only for defense at this point. Took all I had to make it this big. Does yours?

Ballah: WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

Shadow: What's this? The second vessel. Wonderful. I can do away with all of my grievances at once.

The phantom spread his arms and prepared another attack. This time, three sparking balls of darkness materialized. These three, arcing and booming more violently than their predecessor.

Shadow: Now, the Grand Finale!

"You're forgetting one more grievance huh?!"

From atop of the medical facility, descended Jai. Extremities spread, he approached the almost materialized spirit from the above. Flipping forward placing his body in an upright position, he then raises his right leg to the sky. With a great downward force he struck the shadow between its horns with his heel. The phantom flinched and writhed in pain dropping to its knees, causing the blast to dissipate. Jai stood on its back, as it hunched over on its hands, panting.

Shadow: So you've awakened, Harbinger!

Jai: So, you're the thing fucking with Sy? Can't have that. Mahl, that you? Sup bro!

Jai leaped from the shadow's back and landed on a plateau Mahl created for him. Finally rejoining his allies.

Jai: Thanks for looking out for me, Mihr. Sorry for the trouble.

Mihra: You're an idiot. You could've died, you know.

Sabine: That's her way of saying she was worried. We all were.

Jai: Thanks Bine, it's been awhile. So I'm guessing we take care of the boss and the rest will fade. Queen Circe and Matthias are working to sever the link. Says you guys can seal it away after that happens.

Sabine: I can see the link fading. It shouldn't be much longer. One final push should do it!

The group's reunion was cut short by the phantom as he prepared another attack. Kicking up a piece of earth, he hurled it at the bunch.

Jai: Aye Mahl, I'm ditching my ride. Probably should focus everything on keeping him down. Bine, You guys get started with the exorcism.

All five dispersed in all directions toward the phantom. Mahl struck first, commanding mounds of rock and dirt to take the Shadow's legs. They piled atop of its feet and captured it up to its ankles; more sand rose until he was grasped snuggly up to its knees.

From above, Mihra and Jai began their onslaught. Falling from the brooms of Sabine and S'Rye they darted towards the target.

#Demi