Ch. 18 Enter, Hades

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

A tall man in a well-tailored suit stood with his back towards a frozen Jai. His sleeves rolled up, an opened shirt exposed his chest, and a tie hung untidily from his neck tucked in a half-opened vest. His messy black hair smelled of alcohol and smoke.

"Stand down Kadus."

Kadus: Your little rules don't matter here Hades you know that. I'm Not done with this one.

Hades: Alright. But, Joh wouldn't appreciate you treating his boy so roughly.

The brute paused with a look of shock on his face. He titled his head to peak at Jai once more. He sighed then started laughing hysterically.

Kadus: You are Joh's boy huh? Yeah I see it. No wonder that face is so punchable. Cause a stir in my joint like that next time and I'll skin ya lil balls and eve the line there, Son of Joh.

Hades: Then we're good here. Mahl, my darling Mihra, good to to see ya. Glad you three could make it—

Mihara and Mahl stood unamused at Hades. They scoped the scene of the lounge filled with some of the most notorious beings of the four realms, indulging in a plethora of obscenities. The two greeted their caretaker with looks and postures which showed their annoyance with his "on the clock" activities. Displeased with the fact that they, children (as people love to call them) had to go through that just to pull an almighty god from the back of a strip club.

???: You didn't say we'd have company.

A dark haired woman sat at the table Hades was once sitting. She oddly resembled him but the two clearly weren't relative in blood, only demeanor. She gave off a chilling aura as he did too, but her's made Jai shudder a bit. That was something Hades' never did. Her stringy black hair hung over her face hiding her left eye.

Hades: Frieda, my niece and nephews. Apologies for their abruptness. First time in the district at such a young age can startle one. Kadus doesn't give the most pleasant first experience.

Kadus: Keeps the pussies out. Those three are good with me.

He manage something that could've been taken as a smile and contorted his posable finger in a thumbs up position, while pouring another mug of red slime.

Frieda: These must be the students you spoke about.

A cigarette floated to her. She grabbed it and placed it in between strings of hair to her lips. Without lighting it, she inhaled pulling the cigarette, and a purple flame ignited the tip. She continued to inhale until it was almost gone with the initial toke.

Frieda: So, shall we continue?

Hades: Your terms are absurd. What would YOU need with something like that to ask such a steep price?

Before she could answer, a tiny man with bat wings appeared in a poof of black smoke. He wore a black tuxedo and sported a pencil thin mustache and an exaggerated pointed nose. He whispered into her ears as she nodded then pooped away.

Frieda: On second thought. I do have a preposition for you.

She picked up a chess piece, a pawn, and rocked it between her fingers.

Hades: Another game? (Smirking)

Frieda: You cheat too much to gamble. This is more, an eye for an eye. I request a favor, in return, the artifact is yours.

Hades: Hmm. Your people would know to stick to those. How's brother dearest?

Frieda: None of your concern.

Hades: Conditions?

Frieda: I sent a team into a harpies' nest in Ra's Realm. The situation got...above them.

She scowled and her mouth made a motion as if she had just tasted something repulsive.

Frieda: Your resources would be more effective in that realm.

Hades: Aw. Don't play well with others eh Fre? That's why you have out here with these twats. Figures. I'll save your boys. But I gotta ask why not leave them to die?

Frieda: Again. None of your concern.

Very well. Jai, Mihr, Mahl, you good with that?!

Mihra & Mahl: We have a choice?

Nope!

Hades unfreezes Jai, then whispers into his ear.

Hades: Keep your wits.

Jai: He called me, Mutt.

Hades: Like most of his patrons, Kadus is a bit rough, runs on a different page of rules. You let your emotions carry you too much. Moving that way won't serve you in this mission. Be smart. I don't like the smell of whatever she's cooking.

Jai: Maybe it's whatever you're drinking. Glad you're unbothered. We came here for Sy—

Cutting Jai off and ignoring his comments, Hades snapped his fingers twice and a portal appeared.

Hades: I'm aware. I'll have Ceece provide support. The portal will do the heavy lighting as far as your destination. Plenty of time to recap when this is over.
(Turning to Freida)
Let's play a game while we wait....no cheating this time.

He plopped into the seat across from Frieda, flashing a drunken smile to accompany his invitation.

Frieda: Also, they'll be wearing the seal of Asgard's King, do treat them as as such.

Another cigarette floated toward her lips as she waved them away.

The three brush themselves off and prepared through the portal.

Mission: District Black Completed

Next Mission: Into the Harpies' Nest

#Demi/Ep1