Ch. 26 THE WITCH & THE SWORDSMAN

Before the intruder alert:

Mihra and Yusuke searched their area of the prison.

Mira: So, where are you gonna take Kami when we make it out of here?

Yusuke sliced the cool air with his blade as they walked up an inclined tunnel. He was uncategorically silent for a while before opening his mouth. He blushed as he did.

"I don't know...It feels like I've been waiting an eternity to hear those sweet words. Now, that I have the prey in my palms...it's just so beautiful."

Mihra: Oh God. So, you did all that, just to get the girl and stare at it?

"This is all very sudden. A man's life changes so fast when he has a family to fight for..."

Mihra: A family?!

"I MUST PROPOSE AS SOON AS WE RETURN!"

Mihra: Woah! It was just a kiss. Calm down!

Yusuke's face turned to a scowl, he paused his steps and shushed Mihra, grabbing her arm. A silence loomed for about a minute. Yusuke began to speak when a ball of fire struck him in the chest, sending him into the adjacent wall.

Yusuke: Mihra, watch out! There's two of them!

A bolt of lightning shot past Mihra's ear as she darted in Yusuke's direction. After she assured he wasn't wounded, she focused and sniffed the air.

Mihra: Sacred Treasures, two of em.

???: Undelightful, I missed.

???: Told ya Rye, gotta work on your swing. Where are your control bands?!

Before them stood two very tall beings. They were translucent and humanoid in shape, with youthful-sounding voices. They both carried weapons which were almost as big as they were, looking like they had been plucked from a prehistoric beast itself.

Yusuke: WOAH. MY BLADES ARE GOING WILD. THEY FIRED UP!

Mihra: There's something weird about those two.

Mihra whispered a spell and red seals engulfed her eyes. With this, she was able to see the essence or life force of other beings and their composition.

Yusuke: WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

Mihra: Their Essence, it's like it's coming from the weapons themselves. Like they're made of pure energy. And why does this seem so familiar...

???: let's put these two back in the box, I'm sleepy.

Rye: Escaped prisoners? They must be who broke the door baffle. But I'm curious Pier, the doctor said the inhibitor bands are indestructible

Pier: Pst. you believe that Kook? He'd be experimenting on us if it weren't for POPs. But....even if they were escapees. They can't bust down that big bulkhead with the dampeners.

Rye: Hmmm....so...intruders? Delightful.

Pier: Seem like it! Guess we can char em!!

Fire engulfed Pier's weapon, as he raised it like he was up to bat. Electricity arced from Rye's weapon as he assumed a golfer's pose, lining up his next hole-in-one.

Yusuke grabbed the hilt of MoonShatter and crouched to a ready stance.

Yusuke: KEEP MOVING QUEEN. CAP IS PRIORITY!

Rye: It seems the loud mouse desires both of our embraces.

Pyre: Sounds like funeral music to me. BATTER UP!

The two swung their weapons in the direction of Yusuke & Mihra hurling a fireball and lightning streak toward the two. Yusuke secured his grip on the hilt, and with it, his chest tightened. He hadn't been burned thanks to Kami's enchantment but he still felt the warmth, & impact from the first blow. Slowly exhaling, he speaks...

HERE IT COMES.

Yusuke swiftly unsheathed the blade, countering with a lateral slash...

SHATTER!!!

An arc of essence emerged from the blade and shot towards the lightning and fire. The wind whirled behind it as it engulfed the opposing attacks and shot toward the entities. The wind created from the arc bolstered the fireball as the lightning warped around it. Pier and Rye braced themselves with their weapons, but it was too late, the electrified fiery ball of essence exploded on impact on the two.

The blast was so bright illuminated the corridor, showing an entryway just forward of them. The combined force of their attacks doubled and reflected by that of Yusuke's was so powerful it sent them crashing through it, exposing a control room of sorts.

Smoke from the explosion filled the corridor and emptied into the newly created office. Yuauke stood fast, relying on his hearing to make up for clouded vision. As the haze transitioned from opaque to translucent, Pier & Rye darted from the dust towards the samurai in retaliation.

AGAIN, HERE THEY COME!

He grabbed his other hilt and prepared for the two once more.

SUN-BREAKEEEEEERRRRR!

Yusuke released another attack in their direction. Evading his attack, the two manage to get close enough to be within a blade's distance of the pirate. They lunged toward Yusuke with their weapons in a striking motion. But before they could connect, Mihra responded with a blow to the ground which caused a shockwave, reflecting the two.

===========================