Ch. 14 Headlines After Mayyah + Finding Hades

"Breaking!!! Hunting Excursion Gone Wrong!"
Lt General & Close Friend to the Great Apollo, Found Dead

"On the Edge Of Hades?"
Partner of Artemis in Critical Condition

"Another Mistress ?!"
Goddess Claiming to be a Whore of The King of the Underworld?!

"Man Eater Strikes Again!"
Is Circe's Skeletons Coming back to haunt her?
Ghost Stories in MAYYA!!

"Zeus struggles with transition of power as Seth holds the Supreme Seat."
NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER!

As the Greek Empire transfers power to the Egyptian Empire under the guidelines of the Treaty of the Great War, the Brother of Fallen King Osiris, Seth, will control the Supreme Seat of the God Council. In his absence, the Daughter of the missing Queen Isis, Princess Cleopatra, will rule the capital, Euphoria, in absence of her mother. This transition places Interim King Seth and the Egyptian Empire of Euphoria holding Primary Council Control, while Poseidon and the Greek Empire will uphold Secondary Council Control on Mt Olympus.

————————————————————-————————————————————-———————

As they returned to Hades from their adventures in Mayyah, the group was greeted by Ceece, Hades' Secretary and right hand woman.
Ceece: I'm...glad you all made it home safely. I see Syre's condition has improved but he is still unconscious.

Mahl: We were hoping you'd have an answer for that. Circe did what she could, she said Hades would have to take it from here.

Mihra: Where is he, anyway?

Jai: Yeah. Place doesn't smell like booze. And I can actually hear myself think. No music blasting. What, he hungover or something?

Ceece: Regrettably, I don't know.

The three looked at her puzzled. Ceece always knew everything, especially about Hades. The two were inseparable. For her to not have knowledge of his whereabouts was baffling to him. His own wife didn't even have that omnipotence over him where she did.

Ceece: As you would say, I guess he is...missing?

Mahl: Missing?

Mihra: Excuse me?

Ceece: Yes that's right. Master Hades cut contact shortly after we saw you last. He hasn't checked in since I told him of your situation.

Ceece looked at them nonchalantly. Given the circumstance she didn't seem worried, but she never did for the most part. But this had to warrant some caution. The King of the Underworld was missing. Ruler of Darkness, CEO of the Lost Soul Sorteum. Something had to be done. Yet she sat there like it was just another Tuesday-the ones without tacos.

Ceece: The Sorteum runs whether he's here or not. Makes me wonder if he set it up that way...Nonetheless. The last we heard, he was in District Black. A place you three aren't authorized.

Mihra: Tah figures.

Jai: So the depths of hell's judgment is appropriate but the District Black isn't? Got it.

Ceece: There's a reason not even you three are allowed there. Under the Sorteum you have protection beyond your capacity. Those rights are null and void there, and the people take full pursuit of that. The master's revocation of your privileges there are suited.

Mihra: The Lady isn't here either, so, that makes you, him, right?

Ceece: I suppose...

The ideal thing would be to seek another resource, a slower method that may prolong resolution. Syre's condition is of the highest priority.

She stood there calculating. She had a particular face when she assessed a situation. You could almost see the wheels turning in her head from the look on her face. But whenever she did this, it barely bode well for the three, as the most critical and best solution was usually the one that excluded them.

"Go. "

They again looked at her stunned at the succession of Mihra's ploy.

"Take this. "

A paper floated from out of her desk and a small stream of water from her fingertip grabbed the pen and maneuvered it to write. When the pen reach the bottom of the page Ceece took the form from and stamp it with her thumb. It left a watermark of her fingerprint and she handed it to them.

Ceece: Hand this to the Sorteums Transport Commissioner. He will get you there safely. Unless, you'd like to deal with the judges again?

Mihra & Mahl: NO.

Ceece: Very well. Off you go. His usual spot is Kad's Black Moon.

Taking the paper, the three exit and head towards the Sorteum's departure port.

Mahl: Sounds like a FUN place, Kad's Black Moon.

Jai: Wonder what it is, doesn't sound like him. All he does is party away from this place.

Mihra: Probably a whore house. Knowing him.

She sipped from a frozen drink she scored from the Shivering Demon. A cafeteria of sorts that served food nonstop in the Sorteum. Their highlight was surprisingly their frozen treats. It was run by a jötunn ( yo-ten), a rather nasty ice giant, hence the restaurant's name.

In his heyday amongst the living he conquered four realms by tactically poisoning the food prepared for rulers at a peace coalition ball. After extensive rule, he was overthrown by another jötunn in a coup. Killed and sent to Hades, he struck a deal to work for the Sorteum to fulfill his one true dream, becoming a chef. Under the condition he never poisoned anyone again. Suitably, he fell to his overthrowers by his tactics, poison. Ironically, he was damn good at it.

"Look who's speeding off again!"

They had reached the port. At the turn style stood a man in a conductor's hat, it was the transport director, Merc.

Merc: Heard you hymned up those fools that wrecked one of my stations! That one was bout old as Hades anyway. It needed some upgrades. Thanks.

They handed him the form. He looked it over then peered back at them from behind the paper.

Merc: Eyes must be playing me in my old age. This legit?

He handed the paper to an older woman wearing the same hat.

Abbi: That's her signature. Guess these kids are going to the boss' secret joint. Don't really know why, but rules is rules.

She opened the turnstile and allowed each of them through.

Merc: Whatever you going there for, get it done and get out of there. Don't go straying too far from your course. You can get real lost real quick down there. By the way, Herms sends his regards. Asked how those wings were treating ya

Jai turned away and scratched the back of his head.

Jai: Hehe. Coming along, ya know, thanks.

Merc: Glad to hear it. You kids be safe. See you when ya get back.

A trainlike shuttle pulled by translucent steeds rode in front of them. The shuttle's door swung open and they each climbed in, taking seats across from one another. The door closed, a loud bell rang, and the horse began to pull the shuttle once more.

Next Stop: District Black