Ch. 9 Mayyah

The Island of Mayyah was a remote land, known for its inhabitants of highly skilled users of magic. Along with , surprisingly, it's vast amount of animal species that somehow continued to grow exponentially year by year. It's population's intellectual property gave way to it being the home of advanced witchcraft & medicine. Children with magical ability sought the land to grow their skillset under the tutorage of one of the greatest magic users of the time, the Queen of Mayyah. While many beings of high influence sought the land for recovery due to their healing prowess, some even had the gall to reach the land with hopes of courtship to the Queen. An act which some assumed was the direct cause of the ever growing species of animals on the island.

About a week had passed since Mahl and the others had arrived. Most of that time was spent resting and enjoying banquets of food prepared by the locals. Not much had been seen of Mihra since their arrival, other than when she came to get food or check on Jai & Syre. But in her absence, Mahl found himself lacking in alone time. The sorceresses found him very appealing being he was one of the few eligible and young men on the island. Being a prince also garnered him more attention from the elders of the land, making sure to be on their best behavior and very giving in his presence. Most nights he would stroll the city through local markets alone and by the end have a trailing herd following behind him. Dispersing once he made it halfway to his quarters, realizing it led to the hive of the Queen. Another handsome prince snatched into her web.

Since they've arrived whispers of strange things happening around the island had began to emerge. Spells not acting as they should, shared nightmares that seemed real, and the most silly, ghosts. Silly because ghost belonged in the underworld, not because they weren't real. But on Mayyah things like that happened once in awhile due to the extra moon someone had grew way back when. It sometimes distorted magic and caused such things.

On the morning of the seventh day, while checking on his friends' condition, he was shocked to see he wasn't the first visitor of the morning for the two. Three young women, around his age stood in front of the two in awe. One in particular sporting the face of Mihra, but with her hair pulled up neatly in a bun. It was Mihra's twin sister. She stood in front Syre bent over just as Mihra had done examining Orion. The other two stood in front of the Jai. He was suspended in a vat of water like fluid that glowed ever so often.

The three focused intently on their patients not even noticing Mahl in the doorway. They all wore the same uniforms each carrying a specific rank and designation on them. From what he could see, all three seemed to have the same ranks, those of which were much higher than most the other mages he'd come across during his stay. It had been a while since he'd seen Mihra's sister, she looked exactly like her but there was always a certain calmness to her that Mihra couldn't replicate consistently. She was the yang to her sibling's  yin. They had all grown up significantly, with him, being the oldest, looking the most matured, but the twins weren't too far behind him from pubescent escape.