Ch. 11 Reveille

In the distance.

A large, humanoid-shaped phantom stood guarding the medical tower. It stood overlooking the grand, smoke filled city as it swatted slowly at three pesky balls of light surrounding it.

Sabine: Keep hitting him!

S'Rye: Oh, I'm not stopping.

S'Rye positions her arms as if she's holding a bow then rolls her shoulder back to knock it. When she did a green bow materialized with a white arrow. After a few seconds, the white arrow begins to spark, and she speaks.

"MULTIPLY!"

In the sky around her green bows formed, knocking sparkling white arrows.

'IGNITE'

She straightened her fingertips. As she let go, the battalion of arrows shot towards the towering figure, electrocuting it on impact.

While still sizzling, Ballah zipped through the shadow, slicing it in half with two golden scythes wrapped in blood red hilts. Her eyes glowed the same crimson hue.

Ballah: YOU GONNA QUIT TOYING WITH THE THING!

Her deep voice cut through the darkness straight to Sabine. Ballah carried a much fiercer demeanor in battle than she displayed during leisure.

Sabine: Right!

She carefully placed together the palms of her hands, as she did the space between her palms glowed. Sabine motioned her arms in a wide circle forming a ring. She then pushed the illuminated ring towards the dark figure.

Sabine: Sacred Labor - Atlas' Atonement!

The ring surrounded the great shadow and from the sky a massive boulder fell. It bore down on the shadow attempting to crush it.

Shadow: A strong witch you are indeed. But your enchantments should have a little more umph behind them. Let me show you!

Grabbing the boulder, the shadow hurls it in the direction of his attacker.

CRASH!

Breaking into pieces, the rock is smashed violently by Mihra. Pouncing on pieces of the rumble, she projected herself upward towards the shadow's head. After reaching its chin, she landed a punch that made it stumble back three paces.

Mihra: You throw like a girl!

The clear damage they had all done had begun to fade as the sliced sizzling shadow pieced its body back together.

Sabine: The more we hit it the less effect it seems to have.

Mihra: It's Sy. He's using him as a conduit. I think that's what's been siphoning him.

S'Rye: So we've been pumping him with essence this whole time?

Sabine: In that case, we finish this now. If it keeps at this rate it'll manifest and take over Syre's body.

Ballah: Hit it with everything, wipe every trace before it regenerates.

S'Rye: Hey Mihr, how bout we play a game? Whoever lands the final blow wins, and the other pledges their inferiority!

S'Rye shouted down to the falling Mihra with a Cheshire smirk on her face. As Mihra landed she placed her palms together & mumbled words. The symbols on her wrist began to glow.

Mihra: So urgent to prove I'm better huh? Let's have some fun then. Don't you hold back on me!

Mihra jumped to the air once more, this time the symbols on her hands and forearms arcing violently. With great power she struck the shadow two more times. After the first two shocks, six more blows impacted where the first two had landed. Not letting up, the other three continued their onslaught to subdue the spirit.

Behind them, in the medical facility, Shonna watched over Jai & Syre. The outside destruction could be heard plainly from where they were located. As she monitored the two she noticed an intense heat coming from Syre. Though his vitals had not changed his skin fire to the touch. After a few more moments she began to hear low whispers. They came from all directions and seemed to repeat the same phrase at varying speeds:

"Let us out".

Growing louder and closer, Shonna peered out the doorway, down the hallway, and all around her current quarters. She found no one. As the whispers reached their peak, all at once they stopped. Feeling instant coldness below her feet, she looked down. Sticking out of the floor, four black fingers wrapped around her foot. She attempted to move but its grip was firm. It tugged until she lost her balance making her fall back on her bum. Mumbling a phrase under her breath, she swiped her middle and index finger in a swift motion, and the black hand sliced in half and dissolved. When she finally looked up three more figures had risen from the ground all surrounding Syre's body. She could see more heads and hands emerging from and grasping for the surface.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Shonna: Time to wake up!

It was the incubator Jai was encased in. As the eon flushed from the tube, Jai opened his eyes, standing undressed in black compression shorts. Once empty the cylinder door opened and he stepped out.

Jai: (Looking at himself) Woah. She wasn't kidding! I feel great! You sure you guys didn't give me a new body. Wait, am I dead?!

Looking around at the spirits-two more had reached full form around Shonna-he stretched then gazed at his body once more.

Jai: Nope. It's all here. Whew. Would've been a trash way to go.

He walked towards the spirits around Shonna and one by one plucked them in the ear. When he did so, they burst into flames and dissolved.

Jai: Sorry ma'am. Thanks for watching over us. And for the recharge.

After helping her to her feet, she explained the happenings of the last week to him.

Jai: Yeah. Think that's partially on me. I could hear bits and pieces while I was out. Most coming from the last few days.

So Sy's taking a break and some souls wanna jack his body huh?

Matthias: Glad you're back on your feet.

He stood in the doorway accompanied by a woman equal in stature carrying a stern but visibly tired face. It was the Queen. Jai snapped to attention then politely bowed.

Jai: Queen Circe, thank you for your hospitality. Apologies for my indiscretion.

Circe: Neither were through doings of your own, young one. Matthias has prepared clothes for you. Now that you've awakened, you can go help your friends & my nieces.

Jai nodded and dawned the garments given to him by Matthias.

Jai: One more thing, there was a fairy with me, back in the Serene. How is she?

Matthias looked at him puzzled.

Matthias: Fairy? No. I'm sure we would've documented that.

Circe: Fairies are a crafty bunch. If you did befriend one, they usually come and go after they've used you for whatever means. Quite admirable.

Matthias scratched the back of his head while nervously laughing.

Circe: The spirit is tethered to the boy, we'll work to sever the link so it can be exorcized. My students are proficient enough to handle the exorcism but while it's siphoning the boy that can't happen. With all of you working together, that shouldn't be an issue.

Circe waved her hand, and one wall of the room separated, giving Jai a clear look at the spirit from above. He walked toward the opening and took a deep breath. On exhale, he stepped out of the clearing, then disappeared.

Matthias: So, that's the son of Joh. Interesting...

#demi

DEMI! (Battle Book)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara