51. Twist The Knife

•°

•°. *࿐

They stood there, their hearts pouring out in tears. With her forehead pressed against his chest, she could still feel his scent, the warmth that once enveloped her at any given moment.

But now? It only intensified her longing, knowing she wouldn't feel it anymore.

His bandaged fists hung at his sides, trembling with the fear that he might surrender, wrap her in his arms, and never let her go.

Taking a deep breath, she lifted her forehead from his chest, raising it to meet his eyes.

He looked down, his vision blurred with tears, but he could still discern the pain in her gaze, the agony he had caused.

With her voice trembling, she whispered, "You broke me...And I pray that one day, you'll understand the pain I'm feeling."

Their eyes remained fixed on each other, each word she spoke felt like a knife aimed directly at his heart.

If only she knew that he was already consumed by the same pain...

With a final glance into his eyes, she turned to leave, while Jeonghan's gaze remained fixed on her, watching her take steps farther away from him, helpless to do anything about it.

The imaginary line between them began to blur, fading away, leaving both of them drowned in a pain that only they could understand.

Her vision blurred, tiny sobs escaping her lips as she hurried to put her helmet on, desperate to leave.

Yet, on the other side, she didn't want to depart, aware that she would never again gaze at him as closely as they had just moments before.

Jeonghan's bandaged hand covered his mouth, attempting to contain his emotions. She was really leaving, and he was forced to watch her go.

And just like that, still crying, Ara turned on the engine and departed with a screech that reverberated in Jeonghan's ears and throughout the entire area.

"God, please watch over her and take her safely home," he prayed, his eyes fixed on the motorcycle as it slowly faded from view.

Minutes passed, and he remained there, his gaze fixed on the road, just where Ara had departed.

He was just as broken as she was, but he knew it was his fault. And he had to carry this burden on his heart forever.

"I'm sorry, my love..."