44. Lost in Reflection

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

Jeonghan couldn't wait to explore, to taste more of her, his hands freely roaming her body. His kisses were rough but sweet. His touch was fierce but soft.

One of his hands, hidden beneath her shirt, traced a path down to her thigh, rubbing circles on her skin and eliciting a soft sigh from her.

Ara felt captivated, caught in the intoxicating spell of his gaze.

His eyes, intense and commanding, seemed to capture her in a hypnotic embrace, leaving her caught by their magnetic pull.

His lips pressed against her neck, and she tilted her head for better access, willingly allowing him to take charge.

Just as Jeonghan's hands were reaching the hem of her shirt, Ara's phone began to ring, jolting both of them out of the moment.

"Fuck," he mumbled.

His frustration was visible, evident in the deep sigh that escaped him, a clear reaction to the unexpected phone call that disrupted their moment.

Ara, on the other hand, found herself still lost in the daze. The sensations lingering in her body left her feeling both physically and emotionally different.

Jeonghan placed both of his hands on the counter by her sides, lowering his head to get a better view of her fucked up expression.

A cunning grin played across his face as he observed her. "Aren't you going to answer, baby?" he teased, motioning casually towards the phone resting on the counter just beside them.

Ara furrowed her brows ever so slightly, only to have her ears catch the subtle ring of the phone. Her eyes widened a fraction before her hand instinctively reached for the device.

All the while, Jeonghan observed her every move with a smirk playing on his lips.

Soomin's call, coming late at night, sparked a mix of concern and curiosity in Ara, finding the timing a bit unusual.

Looking at Jeonghan, she uttered, "It's Soomin," with him mirroring her reaction almost instantly.

She picked up promptly, attempting to push aside any lingering unease. "Soomin?" she inquired.

Ara waited for Soomin's response on the other end, but silence greeted her instead.
Furrowing her brows, she glanced at Jeonghan, who stared at her with intense curiosity.

"Soomin?" she called again, the concern in her voice deepening with each unanswered moment.

Jeonghan's features tightened with growing worry for his sister.

In a swift motion, his hand instinctively reached for the car keys resting on the counter, a metallic jingle breaking the stillness.

Ready to rush to Soomin, Jeonghan turned to leave, urgency in his every step.