7. Walking on a thin rope

ₓ˚

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Jeonghan found himself utterly blindsided, caught in the vortex of emotions that still clung to him from the wounds inflicted by his father and Ara's mother. 

So consumed by rage, he remained oblivious to the quiet whimper that escaped the girl beneath him. He kissed her roughly, his hands exploring her body as she shuddered on the brink of consciousness.

Jeonghan pressed his body closer to hers, losing himself entirely to the moment, detached from the outside world.

As he broke the kiss, his gaze descended upon her face. Her eyes squeezed shut, lips slightly parted, struggling to catch her breath after Jeonghan's rough make out. Her cheeks adorned with a delicate flush, and her eyebrows knitted in a gentle furrow.

His hand tenderly swept through her hair, gently tucking a loose strand away from her face. In the haze of near unconsciousness, Ara's eyelids fluttered open, her gaze meeting his with a mix of vulnerability and fear, mirrored by his own intense and lustful stare.

"Get off me," Ara whispered, her eyes shutting tight again. Keeping them open proved challenging, her senses clouded by the intoxicating blend of alcohol and the lingering taste of cigarette ash.

"Are you still this daring, hm?" Jeonghan smirked, his gaze fixed on her. "Even in a situation like this, where you're beneath me, utterly vulnerable, and completely at my mercy."

Opening her eyes once more, this time with a steely determination, Ara locked her gaze onto his, defying his smirk. When his palm pressed against her waist with force, a whimper escaped her, her brows furrowing, her vision blurring.

Her words came out in an incoherent plea, "Don't touch me." But Jeonghan's hand continued its journey upward, toward her chest, tracing the contours of her trembling body.

"Shh, lower your voice," he whispered, his face drawing intimately close to hers. Her eyes struggled to stay open, barely registering his presence as he continued, "I've sworn to revenge."

Their gazes locked, their noses almost touching. Her breath brushed against his face, and the radiant warmth emanating from her body sent his senses reeling, driving him to the brink of madness.

The hand that had been exploring her body now tenderly moved to cup her cheek, caressing it, while his other hand rested beside her head, gently supporting himself. His voice, a whisper, carried a taunting edge as he murmured, "Aren't you just like your mother? Willing to surrender yourself to anyone, hmm?" Their noses brushed together, his words a provocative challenge.

But Ara's ears were ringing so violently that Jeonghan's words failed to penetrate. Her eyes weighed heavily, as an oppressive pain throbbed through her head, even the act of breathing becoming a formidable task.