37. Punishment

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

While Jungkook kept the phone pressed to his ear, and Ara remained trapped in his firm grasp, both of them shifted their gaze toward the figure positioned at the far end of the hallway.

Suddenly, Jungkook released Ara, leaving a red trail imprinted on her delicate skin.

With a sigh, he ended the call and directed his gaze toward the person whose eyes bore into Ara with an intensity that seemed to burn holes through her.

With hands that trembled ever so slightly, Ara took the phone from Jungkook, breaking the intense eye contact with the man as his gaze grew even more penetrating.

"Hyung..." Jungkook trailed off, though he maintained his composure.

With an air of nonchalance, Taehyung slid his hands casually into his pockets, taking deliberate, measured steps as he closed the distance between them.

Jungkook stood at the periphery, seemingly rendered invisible in Taehyung's gaze, his gaze solely fixed on Ara.

As he closed the remaining inches between them, Taehyung spoke in a low, commanding tone, his focus resolutely fixed on Ara even as he addressed Jungkook.

"Let's go."

Jungkook sighed softly, shifting his gaze from Taehyung to Ara.

Now, both men fixated their gazes upon her, piercing through her like twin arrows.

Ara gulped involuntarily, feeling the pressure of their combined scrutiny bearing down on her.

With one final glance at her, Taehyung turned his back, an unspoken expectation for Jungkook to follow suit and leave.

Jungkook leaned in, his proximity to her closing the gap as he whispered into her ear, his words laced with a dark, dominating edge.

"We're not done, princess. Don't think you can escape me that easily," his voice carrying a subtle warning.

With a subtle kiss on her neck, eliciting an involuntary flinch, Jungkook withdrew, a smirk playing on his lips as he observed her reaction.

Satisfied, he seamlessly moved away from her, following Taehyung with a confident stride.

Taking a deep breath, she harshly rubbed the spot where Jungkook had kissed her. "You motherfucker," she cursed, her gaze following the path of both men who had departed.

The sudden ring of her phone jolted her, sending a ripple of surprise through her. Hastily checking the caller ID, she noticed the familiar name flashing on the screen.

She took a few deliberate moments to gather herself, her eyes fixed on the device in her hand as if contemplating the significance of the incoming call.