28. Between Love and War

⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

Jeonghan parked the car, and Soomin immediately got out without sparing a glance at her brother throughout the entire ride.

He sighed and swiftly exited the car, calling out to her.

"Soomin!" he shouted, but she didn't halt her steps, continuing to walk away.

Cursing under his breath, he ran to her, his hand catching her arm before she could enter the house.

Soomin locked eyes with her brother, but she averted her gaze swiftly, unwilling to look into his eyes.

Jeonghan sensed her internal struggle and exhaled deeply before reaching out to her.

"Soomin, I need you to be honest with me."

He sighed again when Soomin didn't raise her gaze to meet his; instead, she kept her eyes downcast.

His eyes held a mix of worry and brotherly care, hoping to break through the walls she had put up.

"Soomin, when did you start seeing that guy? And... did anything happen between you two?" he asked, and Soomin immediately raised her head, looking at her brother with wide eyes.

Soomin stood speechless, not believing her ears.

"Did you two..." Jeonghan trailed off, his gaze fixed on her, waiting for an answer.

In that moment, she understood his question. She harshly broke through his hold and moved away from him.

Her big eyes held tears that pleaded to escape, but her heart felt frozen, denying them permission to fall.

Her lips trembled as she found the courage to speak, almost in a whisper.

"Don't ever call yourself my brother again," she said, the words hanging heavily in the air.

A single tear escaped her eyes, shattering Jeonghan's heart.

In that moment, he understood the gravity of his actions, the rift that had widened between them, and the painful consequences of his words.

Soomin turned away, her shoulders burdened by the weight of unspoken truths and betrayed trust.

Jeonghan stood there, aching with remorse, as the distance between them widened, marked by the tear that fell like a silent plea for understanding.